Is there any noticeable difference going from 2018 Hatchback EX OEM wheels to an aftermarket?

foxhollow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Most of my life I have only driven beater cars, but I fell in love with the 2018 Hatchback. And for the week I have had it, the ride is incredible. But that just makes me want to get it to feel the best it can be. Having only driven old compact sedans, I really don't know what a really spec'd out ride should feel like. So I was wondering if swapping out the stock wheels from the 2018 Hatchback affects performance at all.

I have been reading a lot of the posts here and it seems like swapping wheel is a little more complex than just buying the right sized wheels. Like for example on CarID, I just put in the Honda Civic for the filters and a bunch of wheels shows up that say they all fit, but they are all also different sizes 17x7, 17x8, 18x8. I can only assume 18x8 is the max size? And I have read that we shouldn't risk a cheap set of $500 wheels that might shatter and wreck my car? Does that really happen? Alot of the wheels on CarID are like $120 to $150. Should I invest closer to $200 wheels?

Sorry if these are all questions that are asked a lot. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great too.
Sponsored

Craigman45

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
well the easiest route would be to use oem wheels off the sport model 18x8 you wont have to worry about fitment issues. the difference is noticeable with lower sidewall tires 235/40/18 as for the cheap wheels breaking Ive heard stories. I am running ESR sr02 wheels 18x8.5 with a + 30 offset they fit flush with the fenders and dont rubb with or without passengers. they were $209 each. they seem very strong. hope this helps