Is the new si a 1.5 vtec or not?

Devinddh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 seirra
There is no information on this. Ive seen it called a 1.5 turbo vtec, but idk. Im frustraded as most with this lack of available information. Also a new tread from road and track says the si will debut at the new York international auto show. Yet i cannot find anywhere else that confirms it. Can anyone clear any of this up. Also, is anyone else considering a different brand due to lack of power or availability?

Honda Civic 10th gen Is the new si a 1.5 vtec or not? Screenshot_20170325-203942
Sponsored

Xyrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Honda Prelude
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/10/honda-announces-new-10l-15l-vtec-turbo.html

This is really conjecture. We only know that there are two new engines being launched this year; one being a 1.5L turbo with i-vtec. We know the new Si is going to be offered with a turbo 1.5L. There hasn't been any official information on which 1.5L will go in the si.

However I'm more wondering about this new 1.5 itself. Specificly power outputs as well as whether or not it will be replacing the current 1.5 non-vtec engine across the Honda lineup.

OP
OP

Devinddh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 seirra
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/10/honda-announces-new-10l-15l-vtec-turbo.html

This is really conjecture. We only know that there are two new engines being launched this year; one being a 1.5L turbo with i-vtec. We know the new Si is going to be offered with a turbo 1.5L. There hasn't been any official information on which 1.5L will go in the si.

However I'm more wondering about this new 1.5 itself. Specificly power outputs as well as whether or not it will be replacing the current 1.5 non-vtec engine across the Honda lineup.

Hmm well i guess i asked a question that doesnt have an amswer yet. Do you have any idea where the so called si debute at new york international auto show is coming from?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Of those that have had experience with a preproduction Si being tuned for Thunderhill, it's not true VTEC like the CTR's 2.0T. We believe it's similar to the base 1.5 with dual VTC but no electronic lift.

Xyrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Honda Prelude
Hmm well i guess i asked a question that doesnt have an amswer yet. Do you have any idea where the so called si debute at new york international auto show is coming from?
I'm not sure off the top of my head whether or not I heard the Si debut from an official source or heresay.