is the HFP model worth it?

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
In Canada, they have a designated HFP model. I believe that is what the OP is referring to.
Nice. If it is just msrp + retail I still stand by what I said. If they give you a discount then maybe?

Enjoy your new car either way OP. It's a great car!

chaosnyx

Honeycomb
First Name
chaosnyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
As others have said, I think the suspension would be worth it. I understand it drops the car about 1" (no personal experience with it, though), as well as makes sport mode more pronounced. It's Honda equipment so you shouldn't have any fits about it being an aftermarket part if you ever have to take it to the dealer.

Everything else is not worth the cost, IMO. Would much rather spend that cash on performance mods.
Does it really lower the car by an inch?

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
As others have said, I think the suspension would be worth it. I understand it drops the car about 1" (no personal experience with it, though), as well as makes sport mode more pronounced. It's Honda equipment so you shouldn't have any fits about it being an aftermarket part if you ever have to take it to the dealer.

Everything else is not worth the cost, IMO. Would much rather spend that cash on performance mods.
Doesn’t drop the ride height

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I plan to get the HFP suspension when it comes time to replace the worn dampers in 5 years. It appears to be a very well engineered system. And probably the only one that will retain the factory ADS.

For reference, to replace all four corners with the OEM dampers will cost roughly the same as the HFP system.

I will also add that while the 19s don't save weight, they should improve steering response with the lower profile tires (while mitigating NVH better than most aftermarket 19" options). I'm interested to see how much extra weight is added per corner.

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
It sounds like Honda created an awesome exhaust note, and then smothered it with a pillow. If you stand directly behind the exhaust pipe, it sounds awesome though

kerrmoney

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si FC3 Modern Steel, 89 CRX Si, 93 Integra LS, 06 HHR
HFP would be the way to go if 5k was no big deal. Looks great with no mods necessary, and let's all be truthful here. We all wanted it but couldn't afford it.
All the concepts we were teased with had the side skirts, red lined front air deflector and black rims. We just didn't know it wasn't included in our "24k" price quotes.

Mines modern steel, but I vote white orchard for best color

Hondaspeed17

Hondaspeed17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Coupe
Country flag
I love the HFP package, totally dig the wheels and tire combo, side skirt, front lip, red floor mats AND would love the stiffer HFP suspension ... that said, its an extra $5700 CND ... and yeah, thats a lot of money, getting close to type R money. .. and that to me is THE big disappointment with the 2018 HFP.

I had a '13 Si HFP, and in 2013, you got all the same upgrades/accessories, $5000 worth, but at ONLY $2700 CND premium over the base SI. so in 2013, it made sense to buy the HFP cause you were getting your money's worth. .. now, for 2018, in buying the HFP model you pay $5700 for the upgrades... no deal... and thats harsh ...

so I went with a regular SI

jdm_94

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R & 14 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag