type_r_wannabe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
Just like the title says, is the HFP model worth it over the stock 2018 SI? 90% sure I'm getting the new SI, but just wondering about HFP cause it feels like if you're going to pay that much more for HFP, just get a type-r?

Also........Aegean is the best color right?
Sponsored

babinjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Just like the title says, is the HFP model worth it over the stock 2018 SI? 90% sure I'm getting the new SI, but just wondering about HFP cause it feels like if you're going to pay that much more for HFP, just get a type-r?

Nope think lunar silver is best color and I haven’t seen any HFP models for sale- BUT I wouldn’t think it would be worth it if you plan on modding your car anyway.

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag

Correct Aegean is the best color (I may be biased a little lol)
But I would say no the HFP package is not worth it, at least not for what they charge for it.

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
Hellz to the no. It's all way overpriced appearance mods that don't even look good.
Yes Aegean is best, check my journal :beer:

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t think so as it’s basically an appearance package which I’m just not a big fan of that stuff...if YOU are, it may be worth it.

And WOP is unquestionably the best color in this car...most definitely on the sedan....the coupe...well, I’d have a couple colors if I could

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI / 2018 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I chose not to get the package on my SI. Seemed overpriced (even though I REALLY wanted those rims).

And yes blue is the very best color.

Deleted member 16743

I was just reading about HFP for Canada. Here, it is a trim above Si and they charge about 5k CAD on top of the price of Si.

Given that they will be limited production at least in Canada, dealers probably won't wanna move a lot (if at all) on the prices either, so the price difference ends up even bigger compared to the "regular" Si.

I like the rims, tires, suspension upgrades and front lips, but not the rest. I would either buy the parts and take them to Honda for install, but probably wouldnt even do that.

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
19 inch rims / Cup Sport and tweaked suspension. " Way higher quality rubber and lighter rim" assuming...

The only reason to buy this package is if you want the extra dynamic HFP shocks/ rims and tires.

Other cool things are the Matts/ Side Skirts but that is it from my knowledge

OP
OP
type_r_wannabe

type_r_wannabe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
Is the exhaust note emotionally fulfilling?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I'm not an Si owner, but I i've pretty much never seen an HFP Si on the street. Which tells me that not many people get it, and it could be a collecter's thing/selling point in the future who knows. As for value for money, if you're going to mod your car anyway this HFP package is pretty much pointless.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
HFP suspension seems to be the only functional upgrade that would actually improve the driving dynamics; the rest of the package is just overpriced cosmetics.
For the same reasons, "just get a type-r" is poor logic -- CTR is a radically different car, apart from its flashier appearance.

...and "best color", like "beauty", is in the eye of the beholder. :cool:

Last edited:

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Anyone have in person pics of one of these HFP equipped beauties? Google is showing me endless red floor mats..

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As others have said, I think the suspension would be worth it. I understand it drops the car about 1" (no personal experience with it, though), as well as makes sport mode more pronounced. It's Honda equipment so you shouldn't have any fits about it being an aftermarket part if you ever have to take it to the dealer.

Everything else is not worth the cost, IMO. Would much rather spend that cash on performance mods.

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
The HFP parts can be purchased whenever you want. There is no HFP model, so if the dealer is just charging you msrp for the car + retail for the hfp kit you can just buy the hfp parts later and haggle with the price of the car.
Sponsored