Is the ambient lighting package worth it?

CTRx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
I know it is not as crazy as some of the newer German vehicles but I wonder if it gets a pass on lighting up the pedal area and how bright (or not) the console and door sill lights are.

I have seen some photos on the forums but none really illustrate how bright the lights may be.

Long story short, if you could do it again - would you for the price you paid?
Sponsored

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
I know it is not as crazy as some of the newer German vehicles but I wonder if it gets a pass on lighting up the pedal area and how bright (or not) the console and door sill lights are.

I have seen some photos on the forums but none really illustrate how bright the lights may be.

Long story short, if you could do it again - would you for the price you paid?
College hills Honda sells interior lighting kits online, sometimes they have deals. I just went to Walmart and got what they had for $20, and it works well for the pedal area. Comes with a remote, 10 different brightness levels, and colors.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is the ambient lighting package worth it? IMG_8683

OP
OP

CTRx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
College hills Honda sells interior lighting kits online, sometimes they have deals. I just went to Walmart and got what they had for $20, and it works well for the pedal area. Comes with a remote, 10 different brightness levels, and colors.

IMG_8683.jpg
That is insanely bright or maybe it was cause it was very dark lol

Was the wiring easy? How is it plugged in?

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
That is insanely bright or maybe it was cause it was very dark lol

Was the wiring easy? How is it plugged in?
That was the brightest setting, there's a really dim one too. I keep it plugged into the 12v outlet. It automatically turns on when the car is started. The wiring is easy. Tape on the back of the strips didn't stick, so I got glue dots from a dollar store and it's stayed on for 2-3 months now without any issues. The remote is wired and I have it in the storage area by the shift knob.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can get these kits on eBay and Amazon for cheaper than what Honda charges. Running off the 12V plug inside the car or can be tapped into the dome lights, etc.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The good thing about the Honda factory kit is it's designed to dim with the cluster/headlight, but I'm sure if that's the function you want, you can attempt to install the Walmart kit with the instructions sheet from College Hill Honda.

Brightness, myself I have installed the console kit, door handle kit and ambient kit all from Honda, also diy a ambient kit for the rear seat with Honda parts, overall the brightness is fair, it's mean to be seen and create the mood in dark, I can see all of them light up for sure, but probably not as bright as the Walmart kit, it's barely enough to find stuff on the floor.
Sponsored