Is the 10 Generation Si faster than previous generations

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
A lot of people are just fanboys of certain brands and let that cloud their judgement. I love cars, a good car is a good car. Toyota/Lexus does not even make a car that could be compared to a corvette hellcat/demon wrangler or viper.
Until the new Supra shows up. That’ll even things up nicely.
Sponsored

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Until the new Supra shows up. That’ll even things up nicely.
You know, that does not really matter. If one car can beat another car in 0 to 60 or the quarter mile is irrelevant. If you can drive a car 10 years trouble free, that is the mark of a good car imho. If you spend $70 or $80K (or even $20K) on a car that experiences problem after problem, that is a wasted investment. Now if the reborn Toyota Supra can run 200K trouble free, it has my vote. Wow, this thread really evolved!

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
You know, that does not really matter. If one car can beat another car in 0 to 60 or the quarter mile is irrelevant. If you can drive a car 10 years trouble free, that is the mark of a good car imho. If you spend $70 or $80K (or even $20K) on a car that experiences problem after problem, that is a wasted investment. Now if the reborn Toyota Supra can run 200K trouble free, it has my vote. Wow, this thread really evolved!
Your absolutely right! I was responding to the sports car deficit Toyota currently has. Personally I’d never touch a German Panzer car or even American offerings. Their conservative/ugly styling and reliability are major turnoffs

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
And yet both German and American cars are light years ahead of Italian cars. If one ever buys Italian be prepared to know your mechanic very personally. Im looking at you FIAT and ALPHA.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I find the unreliability of German cars very strange. the Germans are known, and have always been known, for their highly advanced engineering and innovations, yet their cars are some of the most shitty unreliable turds on the planet. 3 different family - 2 who owned GTI's, and 1 Jetta, and they all had huge issues under 50k miles. and these were not cars that were abused, always maintained regularly, etc..

when it comes to world wars these fat, sausage fuckers made the most advanced tanks, submarines, and airplanes-- yet they cant make a simple 4 cylinder car reliable?? lmfao

theyre even worse than a lot of American makes.... and you know how low that bar is.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Not to get too far off topic, but you're referring more to design architecture. The Germans approach a vehicle as a single unit regardless of how the parts interconnect. That can often make things incredibly challenging to service. The Japanese look at the platform as a series of modules, and prioritize simplicity over the entire experience.

It's one reason why the Si continues to be an enthusiast platform of choice. They are cheap and easy (er) to build & maintain over many of their competitors. And despite all the recent issues with infotainment and paneling, Honda still has a reputation for building solid powertrains.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Here you go, 9th Gen vs 10th Gen. Enjoy

Just so everyone is aware, this video is of a standard 10th gen 1.5t (not an Si) against a 9th gen Si. Not sure if the white car is Cvt or not. Impressive that the standard car is that fast.

Kwocfam

First Name
Okie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I raced my brothers 8th gen si in my 10th gen Si. Sad to say, I lost about a car lenghth. Before anyone say it was driver error. I'm the better driver.

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
I have also raced a 10th gen in my 9th Si. It was not an Si, but it was the turbo 1.5 motor. That car couldn’t touch my 9th. My tuned 10th gen Si however is a different story

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
I’ve owned the 3 engines : 2005 Rsx type S , 2014 SI and now 2017 SI
Three different engine but the 1.5 is the one with the best power delivery in the day to day.
The torque advantage and power delivey is one of the reason why the 10th gen SI is so superior on the track. 10 seconds advantage cannot be only due to the tire...or better handling

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I’ve owned the 3 engines : 2005 Rsx type S , 2014 SI and now 2017 SI
Three different engine but the 1.5 is the one with the best power delivery in the day to day.
The torque advantage and power delivey is one of the reason why the 10th gen SI is so superior on the track. 10 seconds advantage cannot be only due to the tire...or better handling
ive owned all those as well and i agree about the power delivery being the best. it certainly has the best low and mid range torque of them all. although i still do miss my type s sometimes.

whats funny about the rsx is that its only 50lbs lighter than the 10g si. by looking at it you would think it would be lighter than that. thats another big upside about our 10g si's is their weight advantage over other cars in the class

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
ive owned all those as well and i agree about the power delivery being the best. it certainly has the best low and mid range torque of them all. although i still do miss my type s sometimes.

whats funny about the rsx is that its only 50lbs lighter than the 10g si. by looking at it you would think it would be lighter than that. thats another big upside about our 10g si's is their weight advantage over other cars in the class
The type S was one of the best car that i’ve owned. So much great memories with it... i was young

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The type S was one of the best car that i’ve owned. So much great memories with it... i was young
I have been looking at a few 2000 through 2005 Civic Si's as a project car for me and my son to restore over a few summers. There are a bunch for sale in the Southern California area between $1500 to $4500. There was a 2005 with 145K he was asking $3500, fully stock and good running engine and clean title I was tempted to buy. The issues are transmission grind, interior in bad shape, and some body work (needs paint). Anyway this would probably happen next year
Sponsored