First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM 2018 EX Hatchback, NHBP 2007 Accord Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been running Hondata CARB FlashPro, with a modified +6 map for a while now. I've obviously seen an increase in responsiveness with no terrible issues, but I still have nasty rev hang. I've been doing some research, including these forums, and I've been tempted to switch up to KTuner because I'm seeing that KTuner has better "drivability options". Do you guys think the switch is honestly worth it with me already being $490 deep into a Flashpro? Any special additional features I should know about that would make the switch worth it?
Sponsored

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
1000000%

There's a trade-in program here, too, that makes the process quick and painless: http://www.imwtuned.com/store/p15/fptradein.html

You'll gain rev hang delete, map switching (for most ECU's at least), turbocharger response rate adjustment, quick boost by gear adjustment, etc.

OP
OP
FK7 Mvnny

FK7 Mvnny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1000000%

There's a trade-in program here, too, that makes the process quick and painless: http://www.imwtuned.com/store/p15/fptradein.html

You'll gain rev hang delete, map switching (for most ECU's at least), turbocharger response rate adjustment, quick boost by gear adjustment, etc.
This is actually super convenient... Is there a way to trade-in for a V2 or is it strictly for V1.2?

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is actually super convenient... Is there a way to trade-in for a V2 or is it strictly for V1.2?
The trade in program covers the v1.2 only currently.

OP
OP
FK7 Mvnny

FK7 Mvnny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The trade in program covers the v1.2 only currently.
Gotcha. Couple final questions: Am I correct in saying the only big difference between V1.2 and V2 is the touch screen?

With V1.2 I can still flash without having to have my laptop connected to the device, and the device connected to my OBDII? (Basically can I save a tune on the KTuner device and flash straight from the device, like I can with FlashPro)

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gotcha. Couple final questions: Am I correct in saying the only big difference between V1.2 and V2 is the touch screen?

With V1.2 I can still flash without having to have my laptop connected to the device, and the device connected to my OBDII? (Basically can I save a tune on the KTuner device and flash straight from the device, like I can with FlashPro)
You'd need an Android device running the TunerView app to flash without a laptop, but otherwise, yes, the v1.2 and v2 are identical in terms of the files that can be loaded.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The V1.2 does require a laptop to initially lock to the ECU. Once locked tunes can be put on the unit and flashed through the TunerView app via Android device or a rooted head unit.

Depending on your ECU number some features may still be in development. Best to email us if you want the current status of things!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I made the switch from the CARB Flashpro to Ktuner and the difference is big. The CARB Flashpro is solid, no doubt. It does add power. But, being CARB, the tunes and adjustments a user can make are very limited.

There is a bit of a learning curve going from Hondata to Ktuner but it's worth it. You can adjust so many things that tweak the car to your liking. You want boost by gear? There's a simple dropdown box that lets you do that. Same with better throttle response, turbo response and boost ramp.

You can have 3 totally different tunes switchable from the cruise control buttons. That's a great feature, trust me. You can have early turbo spooling, too. That makes a big difference.

Is KTuner perfect? Honestly, nothing is. I find the V2 touchscreen a bit slow to respond at times. But, that's a fairly minor gripe. It's an amazing product and simply destroys the CARB Flashpro with incredible features and noticeably better driveability.

IMO, the V1.2 would be a great, cost effective upgrade especially if you take advantage of D-Rob's trade-in deal.

Last edited:

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Switching from the Hondata CARB Flashpro to the KTuner V1.2 was seriously a night and day difference in performance

My car has zero turbo lag now which actually makes it safer when you need that immediate throttle response

Do that trade-in deal
Sponsored