Is ktuner worth it even no after market parts?

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
Just wanna ask too if for example you reflash it to stock does the dealer will know that you tuned it via ktuner? Thanks
Sponsored

Jheake

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR
Country flag
You can flash it back to stock as far as i know. However Honda may have software that can pull the history of the ECU flashes. Subaru has that now, because people keep popping the EJ. Theres always a way around that stuff, like in subarus you just start the car 100 times. If you popped your motor kinda hard to do that tho. The L series motor is pretty stout. If you are just doing base maps youll be fine.

OP
OP

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
You can flash it back to stock as far as i know. However Honda may have software that can pull the history of the ECU flashes. Subaru has that now, because people keep popping the EJ. Theres always a way around that stuff, like in subarus you just start the car 100 times. If you popped your motor kinda hard to do that tho. The L series motor is pretty stout. If you are just doing base maps youll be fine.
Thank you and last thing is ktuner worth it even tho you just use your car for daily driving? As much as possible just wanna keep it stock i only have greddy exhaust, no plans on using my car at track

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Yes even with a bone stock vehicle a ktuner or hondata is worth it. You will not find a bigger improvement to the way the engine performs from a dollar to performance ratio. Buy the tuner used at a good price and you will be able to sell it for exactly what you paid for it. There is nearly zero wear and tear on a tuner besides unboxing it from it's shrunk wrap packaging.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes - they can see see if you flashed, how much boost you made etc... As long as you don't blow up anything, they won't check.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
But just having a basemap won’t blow up anything right?
Definitely not. The base maps are very conservative. Our Stage 1 Map is still what some would consider conservative as it is very safe to run. Honda leaves a LOT of room for us to safely have more fun. :)

OP
OP

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
Definitely not. The base maps are very conservative. Our Stage 1 Map is still what some would consider conservative as it is very safe to run. Honda leaves a LOT of room for us to safely have more fun. :)
Thank you for your response!!

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
But just having a basemap won’t blow up anything right?
Correct - the basemap will not blow anything up. Driving like an abusive asshat will blow things up. You should be fine as long as you don't go WOT in overdriven gears and avoid bouncing off the rev limiter.

OP
OP

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
Correct - the basemap will not blow anything up. Driving like an abusive asshat will blow things up. You should be fine as long as you don't go WOT in overdriven gears and avoid bouncing off the rev limiter.
What is WOT?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What is WOT?
wide open throttle - aka "flooring it". 5th and 6th gear in our cars are overdrive ratios, if you want acceleration, downshift to a lower gear like 3rd or 4th and punch the throttle. You will get better results and put less stress on your engine.

OP
OP

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
I experienced one time while accelarating around 4-5k rpm on a freeway i felt my clutch slipped because i was like flooring it and the engine does not really responds but the rpm keeps on going up, so is it still safe for me to have a ktuner?

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
I experienced one time while accelarating around 4-5k rpm on a freeway i felt my clutch slipped because i was like flooring it and the engine does not really responds but the rpm keeps on going up, so is it still safe for me to have a ktuner?
What gear were you in at the time?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
teachable moment I suppose....
light acceleration - not a big deal I guess. But if you were looking to move out quickly, downshift before punching it. 5th would be better than 6th.

just my opinion, some people think i'm too cautious
Sponsored