saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
is ktuner better than Hondata it seems to me that almost everyone on this forum uses ktuner I’ve read a little into both .the idea is still bouncing around in my head to get one . The question I’m asking is has anyone used the ktuner stage 0
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
First of all, I've used Hondata and Ktuner and have probably written 1,000+ posts about tuning. Your best bet before buying is researching and getting comfortable with the idea of replacing the Honda ECU tune with an aftermarket solution. Read up on the potential loss of warranty and risks when you tune. I'm comfortable with it. Make sure you are too. That's point one.

As far as Hondata versus Ktuner, both are quality products. Ktuner has more easy adjustments to fine tune driveability. But honestly, the main reason for Ktuner being the tuner of choice at CivicX is superior customer service and an active presence at this forum.

NeoZeed

Harvester of Sorrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
Any word on how well the rev hang delete works on hondata compared to ktuner? Do they work, or do you still need a flywheel to fix this completely?

isaiah0123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Sport HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any word on how well the rev hang delete works on hondata compared to ktuner? Do they work, or do you still need a flywheel to fix this completely?
I have ktuner and it works but I'm planning on turning rev hang back on because when you take your foot off the gas the car kind of lurches back a bit with it off.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Which is a better deal or should I say what dose most of you use
the V1.2 or the V2 K-tuner I don’t want nothing to radical just a nice bump in performance. And do these units have a problem with Apple
Macs
BTW I know these is a old thread didn’t want to make a new one

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Which is a better deal or should I say what dose most of you use
the V1.2 or the V2 K-tuner I don’t want nothing to radical just a nice bump in performance. And do these units have a problem with Apple
Macs
BTW I know these is a old thread didn’t want to make a new one
If you have a windows laptop that you can use then I would just get the v1.2 since it's cheaper. If you don't have a laptop, then get the V2 since you dont need a laptop to flash tunes, but you will need a windows desktop at least to load the tunes from the pc software onto the device. The KTuner app does not work with mac unless you dual boot windows onto it. Do you have a windows computer or a mac?

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you have a windows laptop that you can use then I would just get the v1.2 since it's cheaper. If you don't have a laptop, then get the V2 since you dont need a laptop to flash tunes, but you will need a windows desktop at least to load the tunes from the pc software onto the device. The KTuner app does not work with mac unless you dual boot windows onto it. Do you have a windows computer or a mac?
I do have a cheap gaming laptop (acer) for a VR system but I do use my MacBook Pro the most ( it’s the workhorse)

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
I do have a cheap gaming laptop (acer) for a VR system but I do use my MacBook Pro the most ( it’s the workhorse)
i have a macbok pro and just got ktuner last week.
Just had to install windows via bootcamp and partion a small bit of space.
Took about 20 min max and then you can run ktuner software on your mac for $0

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Waiting on my ktuner to be delivered this week. Already received the TSP Stage 1 tune via email. Looking forward to reporting my feedback via the tuning survey thread :thumbsup:

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i have a macbok pro and just got ktuner last week.
Just had to install windows via bootcamp and partion a small bit of space.
Took about 20 min max and then you can run ktuner software on your mac for $0
With the V 1.2 do you need to use the laptop in use ? I’ve seen some YouTube videos where they have laptops plugged in while driving or their doing adjustments to the unit ( most of those videos are vag)

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
With the V 1.2 do you need to use the laptop in use ? I’ve seen some YouTube videos where they have laptops plugged in while driving or their doing adjustments to the unit ( most of those videos are vag)
You need a laptop for the V1.2 to flash any tunes to the car but once it's flashed you don't need a laptop at all while driving or anyting . The only time you'll need it is when tuning the car or resetting it to factory. Your gaming laptop should work just fine for that purpose, as long as it's able to go to the car and flash a tune without any power source required, you'll be good to go.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Waiting on my ktuner to be delivered this week. Already received the TSP Stage 1 tune via email. Looking forward to reporting my feedback via the tuning survey thread :thumbsup:
Yes reading the tuning survey thread gives me a pretty good idea what I’m getting in to

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
you only need the laptop to build the tunes n upload to unit.
If you keep the unit plugged in you can get tunerview data on the headunit via the apk file.

if you remove it from the car it will be flashed but u cant get the data on the screen
Sponsored