Is it worth to invest on EX-L w/Sensing?

Civic EX-L or Accord Sport (both w/ Honda Sensing)

• Accord Sport

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

styadp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey guys,

These are the final prices by one of the dealer. Can I get the car less than the price mentioned below anywhere? (I've tried with 3 other delears but this is the best one till now)

2016 Honda Civic SedanEX-T w/ Honda Sensing (CVT)

$21,989.00 (E-Price)
$1,374.31 (Sales Tax)
+ $404.00 (DMV Fees + $135 doc fee)
$23,767.31 (TOTAL, OTD Price)

2016 Honda Civic SedanEX-L w/ Honda Sensing (CVT)

$23,378.00 (E-Price)
$1,461.13 (Sales Tax)
$25,243.13 (TOTAL,OTD Price)

2016 Honda Accord Sedan Sport w/ Honda Sensing (CVT)

$23,434.00 (E-Price)
$1,464.63 (Sales Tax)
$25,302.63 (TOTAL, Out the Door Price)

and also which would be a better choice among Civic EX-L and Accord Sport?

Thanks! :)
Sponsored

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Depends on what you want in a car. The sport is a lower end model than the EX-L. The Civic EX-L will give you more interior comforts, primarily. The leather trimmed seats, heated front seats, and the like. The Accord will give your passengers in the back a little more leg room (not much). You'll also get better gas mileage out of the Civic.

I'd say Civic, but it's a personal choice. And if you don't care about the leather trimmed seats (and a few of the other things - leather wrapped steering wheel and shift handle, power driver's seat), the Civic EX-T still comes with most of the features that the EX-L has for a thousand and a half less.

OP
OP

styadp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Depends on what you want in a car. The sport is a lower end model than the EX-L. The Civic EX-L will give you more interior comforts, primarily. The leather trimmed seats, heated front seats, and the like. The Accord will give your passengers in the back a little more leg room (not much). You'll also get better gas mileage out of the Civic.

I'd say Civic, but it's a personal choice. And if you don't care about the leather trimmed seats (and a few of the other things - leather wrapped steering wheel and shift handle, power driver's seat), the Civic EX-T still comes with most of the features that the EX-L has for a thousand and a half less.
Thank you! :)
But is it worth investing $25xxx on a Civic?
I heard people saying that investing $25000 on a compact car is dumb! Is it true?

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I heard people saying that investing $25000 on a compact car is dumb! Is it true?
Not at all. They put a lot of polish on this year's model. If you like the Honda Sensing type of features, you can put it in perspective with what you see elsewhere in the industry: Subaru's "EyeSight" costs about $3,000 on a new vehicle, versus the $1,000 that it adds to the cost of a Honda. You're getting a compact car, but you're getting one with a lot of luxury features. You're also getting excellent gas mileage. And Honda reliability.

OP
OP

styadp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not at all. They put a lot of polish on this year's model. If you like the Honda Sensing type of features, you can put it in perspective with what you see elsewhere in the industry: Subaru's "EyeSight" costs about $3,000 on a new vehicle, versus the $1,000 that it adds to the cost of a Honda. You're getting a compact car, but you're getting one with a lot of luxury features. You're also getting excellent gas mileage. And Honda reliability.
Thanks a lot bro! :)

Is the price mentioned a good one? I didn't see any price better than these in recent times?

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
It's below MSRP, at least. There's a "What did you pay" thread in the pricing forums, might want to look to see if you can find anyone around your area that got a similar vehicle. I don't think it's out of line, but always better to see what they're going for around you, because that can vary a lot.

OP
OP

styadp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It's below MSRP, at least. There's a "What did you pay" thread in the pricing forums, might want to look to see if you can find anyone around your area that got a similar vehicle. I don't think it's out of line, but always better to see what they're going for around you, because that can vary a lot.
Thanks! :)

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I was in the same boat as you, with the same thinking and mentally when I got my Touring. "Did I really just pay about $28,000 for a CIVIC??" But you have to look at it as - did you really buy a "Civic". This year has a lot of luxury and amenities added that was unheard of in a Civic. Even friends who checked it out over the weekend at a party I went to couldn't believe it was a Civic with all the bells and whistles and redesign it got.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
I was in the same boat as you, with the same thinking and mentally when I got my Touring. "Did I really just pay about $28,000 for a CIVIC??" But you have to look at it as - did you really buy a "Civic". This year has a lot of luxury and amenities added that was unheard of in a Civic. Even friends who checked it out over the weekend at a party I went to couldn't believe it was a Civic with all the bells and whistles and redesign it got.
Yeah really. This is the least "civicy" a civic has been in a while. Show this car without a name badge to someone five years ago and they would probably say it was an accord. If not an Acura.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Reminds me of the "That's not a Buick" commercial when I was at the party. People kept looking at it from the front and was saying "You got an Accord" until they walked to the back and saw the badging. The interior and the features it had really sold and made a lot of my friends appreciate and like this vehicle. I have a friend who's actually in the process of trading in his '07 Civic for the Touring this weekend after telling him about mine.

Yeah really. This is the least "civicy" a civic has been in a while. Show this car without a name badge to someone five years ago and they would probably say it was an accord. If not an Acura.

jrlnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC Gremlin
The Accord is a wonderful car, but most other things being equal I'd rather have the Civic.
To me the Accord is too big and bulky, more of a has hog and harder to park (and fit in my garage!).

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
The Civic is definitely a sizable car now and I'd bet that it'd meet your needs equally well unless you are carrying 3 other adults on a regular basis.

That's interesting that you got a quote on an EX-L w/ Sensing. One member posted that they didn't even think Honda had MADE any of these (although, its definitely an option). If you're going that route, I'd say consider the Touring. You can probably get a much better deal and so it may potentially be even cheaper than an EXL w/HS due to negotiating factor. Plus, you get LED lights, upgraded stereo w/ Subwoofer, etc. The EX-T w/ Sensing seems to be the sweet spot with me if you can do without Leather.
Sponsored