IS IT JUST ME OR IS THE 1.5 T CIV CVT TOO FAST?

pranavmukesh

First Name
Pranav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic ext 2017
So i have a 2017 ex turbo with a cvt with just over 3000 kms and i have friends who drive pretty fast cars. Their cars are 2015 wrx, 2017 focus st, 2015 focus st with green filter and aftermarket exhaust with muffler delete, 2008 acura tl type s a spec 6 sp and 2008 mazdaspeed 3. My car is dead even with the tl type s and gets chopped by the speed 3 by a hair from a rolling race and i havent raced my other friends with the sts and the wrx's but my buddies with the speed3 and tl have and they roasted the wrx and the st. Are your cars the same and do you think something has been done to my car? It was brought brand new from a dealership nearby. It does not burn oil and its insanely good on gas. Im speechless.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Worst thread ever please lock/delete
Maybe not the worst topic ever but a little sillly. Yes, the base Civic turbo is peppy but its still an economy car. The Si is quick. The Type R, now that's fast.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Plus I thought threads/posts about racing were prohibited on the forum.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tha Acura and Mazda are out of tune, lol.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Plus I thought threads/posts about racing were prohibited on the forum.
I noticed a while back there were threads about one car beating another so I thought that rule was just for show so I made a thread about a race and it got deleted within a few hours so I am guessing its just how "vague" this one is about the "racing" that lets it slip by...

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
Yes...I yet to see the humor.
Need to hear the details if
Reckless driving or not.
Maybe this was a race between stanched cars over a parking lot full of speed bumps

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
A stock Civic beating or nearly beating cars that run 0-60 a couple seconds faster (like the WRX) doesn't happen unless the drivers of those other cars weren't trying. I understand that racing threads are forbidden but saying "the 1.5 Civic is too fast" is silly. A Ferrari might be too fast. A stock Civic not so much.

My Civic EX-L is a great car with some pep and decent road manners and great gas mileage. But... I'm not taking it to the drag strip. ;)

Last edited:

Negan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Batmobile
The 1.5T is definitely too fast! I do my best to barely touch the gas pedal when I'm driving it. I floored the car once, big mistake - ended up in Argentina a few seconds later.
Sponsored