1.5T Is Hondata going to produce a tune for the 27Won Hybrid Intake?

echoparkpanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone, looking to purchase a 27Won Hybrid intake. I currently run Hondata on my EX Hatch but was not sure if I Hondata will release a tune for the 27Won intake as that is the one I have my eyes on.

**Please hold your comments about whether or not intakes make gains or not**

I was thinking due to it being a short ram configuration, I could possibly use the preloaded SAI tunes from the Flashpro wither the Mishimoto or the Injen tunes. Please add your thoughts on this.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You do not want to use tunes designed for another intake with the 27Won intake. The other "street" intakes that you have mentioned often requires tunes due to product design or manufacturing issues. The 27Won turbo was very carefully designed to NOT have those issues and to be 100% compatible with the factory MAF calibration. The only other intake on the market that does a good job of this is PRL's Cobra intake with the street MAF housing. (The Cobra Race MAF intake does allow more airflow but requires a custom tune.)

OP
OP
echoparkpanda

echoparkpanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You do not want to use tunes designed for another intake with the 27Won intake. The other "street" intakes that you have mentioned often requires tunes due to product design or manufacturing issues. The 27Won turbo was very carefully designed to NOT have those issues and to be 100% compatible with the factory MAF calibration. The only other intake on the market that does a good job of this is PRL's Cobra intake with the street MAF housing. (The Cobra Race MAF intake does allow more airflow but requires a custom tune.)

So just to reiterate and be clear, you're recommending to to run a stock tune instead of a calibrated tune, correct? At least until Hondata releases some tune specifically made for the 27won intake.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So just to reiterate and be clear, you're recommending to to run a stock tune instead of a calibrated tune, correct? At least until Hondata releases some tune specifically made for the 27won intake.
Yes, but I would not expect to ever seen a "base tune" for this intake. It is not necessary. 27Won spent a lot of time and money to make it that way. Perhaps @Vincent@27WON would like to elaborate.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree it is probably 100% compatible with the base model and would need no tune. The Si MAF is larger and people on Facebook have compared the 27WON Si MAF and said it was the same size as the base. Maybe the Si could use a Hondata tune for this intake.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree it is probably 100% compatible with the base model and would need no tune. The Si MAF is larger and people on Facebook have compared the 27WON Si MAF and said it was the same size as the base. Maybe the Si could use a Hondata tune for this intake.
the 27Won maf housing is actually smaller than stock....
Sponsored