Is Android Auto/Waze Directionally Challenged?

ksat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan - Modern Steel
Country flag
Seriously - It really seems the two working together are directionally-challenged.

I run Waze on my drive in to work every day (because....TRAFFIC!). But, I've noticed that the turn-by-turn arrow on my instrument cluster displays a wrong direction, occasionally. For example: Waze on the nav screen with show a RIGHT TURN but my instrument cluster will show a LEFT TURN. It's very strange. I have no other obvious issues with it and it is not consistent - it doesn't show the wrong turn at the same intersection all the time.

One thing that just came to mind that I have not tried yet: Waze relies on Google Maps (likely on the backend only) but I have not tried to replicate this on Google Maps. Could be an interesting test to try.

Note: stand-alone Waze doesn't have any issues with providing proper turn-by-turn directions and it doesn't appear that one is presenting the immediate next turn while the other is displaying a future turn.

Has anyone else seen this?
Sponsored

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 CTR LE (AUS-008)
Country flag
I've noticed the same thing. Mainly for roundabouts (very common in Australia) where if I am going straight ahead it shows a hard turn to the left, almost a u-turn.

OP
OP
ksat

ksat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan - Modern Steel
Country flag
Yea - we have our fair share of roundabouts as well where I live, but, these don't seem to throw Waze at all. They are properly depicted in the app and display properly. I'm actually referring to basic turns - left showing as right turn and vice-versa. It's really strange.

Driving around this week with Google Maps, I have not seen such an issue.

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
Waze doesn't like some kind of roundabouts... Google Maps does them OK in our car.
Sponsored