Is $24,300 a good price for 2019 Civic Hatchback EX?

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Have you tried true car?
Yeah, that's the first place I tried. Got calls from like 10 dealers everyday lol. Prices weren't any different though
Sponsored

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Definitely luck, man. LOL. My 2 cents is maybe wait til this upcoming Memorial Day weekend and see if there are any new markdowns. $500-1000 bucks more and you're in a sweet spot of a deal, imho. Good luck!
I'm actually going to the dealer on memorial day haha. I haven't seen any deals for memorial day, only the recent graduate deal and the special 2.9% Apr from Honda. Thanks!

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Considered certified preowned?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems on the high side. My Si was a smidge less awhile back. I'm in GA though I bought it down in Jacksonville, FL. I had a few dealers to compete with each other, so that may make it a harder comparison. Is that price in line with Truecar where you live?

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Considered certified preowned?
I've looked at different pre-owned cars from different Honda dealers and CarMax. Honestly, they don't seem like really good deals, I'd rather pay a few thousand more and just get a new car and then keep it for 10+ year, barring any serious mechanical problems haha

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Seems on the high side. My Si was a smidge less awhile back. I'm in GA though I bought it down in Jacksonville, FL. I had a few dealers to compete with each other, so that may make it a harder comparison. Is that price in line with Truecar where you live?
I live in GA as well haha. I've used TrueCar and CarGurus and most dealers are selling it for around $22,000 - $22,500 before taxes and fees

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Lucky haha. I don't think I'll be able to find a better price, I've been looking and most dealers here in Georgia had their prices around $22,500 before taxes and fees

Well, if you aren't worried about buying local, and any taxes paid can be transferred or wash out, you might consider buying out of state.. course, you'll have to find a way to transport the car.. but if its a $2k difference, it could be something to consider.

Also remember that ole supply/demand curve.. Maybe a DC dealer bought a bunch of a certain model just to increase sales numbers. Or maybe they are just a high volume dealer vs a small town guy. Again.. many variables can make up a price.. end of month, model type, dealer incentives, Honda incentives, your credit history, leasing/financing vs cash purchase, your local state/county taxes, registration fees, unmentioned additionals added when you visit the finance guy (accessories, after market warranties etc)

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, if you aren't worried about buying local, and any taxes paid can be transferred or wash out, you might consider buying out of state.. course, you'll have to find a way to transport the car.. but if its a $2k difference, it could be something to consider.

Also remember that ole supply/demand curve.. Maybe a DC dealer bought a bunch of a certain model just to increase sales numbers. Or maybe they are just a high volume dealer vs a small town guy. Again.. many variables can make up a price.. end of month, model type, dealer incentives, Honda incentives, your credit history, leasing/financing vs cash purchase, your local state/county taxes, registration fees, unmentioned additionals added when you visit the finance guy (accessories, after market warranties etc)
If I had more time, then I might consider buying out of state, but with work I don't think it's gonna be possible. Yeah, idk if a lot of dealers near me didn't get a lot of the hatchback ex models in or not, but they only have like at most 4 ex models. This one dealership I was looking at sold all their ex models haha. Idk if I even have much negotiating power, since I'm a first-time buyer and I don't have extensive credit history; I've only had a credit card for 3 months

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've looked at different pre-owned cars from different Honda dealers and CarMax. Honestly, they don't seem like really good deals, I'd rather pay a few thousand more and just get a new car and then keep it for 10+ year, barring any serious mechanical problems haha
Carmax isn't certified stay away from that place lol

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Got quoted around $24,300 for a new hatchback ex, with all taxes and fees included. I also got quoted around $26,000 from a local dealer, but I managed to get them to take the price of the "protection" package off, which was $799. So the local dealer would give me the car for around $25,300, so it would be about $1,000 more. However, the local dealer has a lifetime limited powertrain warranty. I was wondering if that would be worth it?
If $24,300 is the Final Price after factoring in Tax/Title/Doc fees, then I would say that's a pretty good buy.
I am uncertain as to the "Limited Lifetime Powertrain" warranties offered by various dealers; however, I would say that they follow the trend of 10yrs/100,000. If you take care of your vehicle you won't have much issues with the powertrain.
For an addt'l $1,000 I would opt for the best price.

If you were so inclined to get a better deal, then you would have to contact your surrounding Honda Dealers and list your offer price and if they can beat it. You may just get a few accessories at no addt'l cost - it's something....

***Late Addition***
If first time new car buyer without a credit history you will need a large down payment.
Don't let a Dealer determine your financing. Apply for a loan at that $ amount and see what you come up with.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Carmax isn't certified stay away from that place lol
Really? I did not know that haha I always thought it was one of the best places you can buy used cars from.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If $24,300 is the Final Price after factoring in Tax/Title/Doc fees, then I would say that's a pretty good buy.
I am uncertain as to the "Limited Lifetime Powertrain" warranties offered by various dealers; however, I would say that they follow the trend of 10yrs/100,000. If you take care of your vehicle you won't have much issues with the powertrain.
For an addt'l $1,000 I would opt for the best price.

If you were so inclined to get a better deal, then you would have to contact your surrounding Honda Dealers and list your offer price and if they can beat it. You may just get a few accessories at no addt'l cost - it's something....

***Late Addition***
If first time new car buyer without a credit history you will need a large down payment.
Don't let a Dealer determine your financing. Apply for a loan at that $ amount and see what you come up with.
I don't have much time to take this price to a whole bunch of dealers haha I wish I did, but with work, I only have time on Saturdays. This dealer told me they would throw in accessories for free too, not that I care about any accessories lol. Yeah, I'm going to put $8,000 down. I also tried to apply for loans online but they rejected me. My dad did say he was going to co-sign, so maybe I can get the 2.9% APR or something close to that.

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Sonic Grey
Country flag
Got the EX sonic grey for 22,779. $25.8k OTD with wheel locks and splash guards. CA taxes and fees are killer lol.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got the EX sonic grey for 22,779. $25.8k OTD with wheel locks and splash guards. CA taxes and fees are killer lol.
I really like the sonic grey color and the polished metal too. But finding one is super hard lol most dealers around me only have black and white ones left. I thought about maybe getting wheel locks too, but after seeing how easily thieves can just break them off, idk if it would be worth the investment?
Man, everything in CA is expensive lol

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Sonic Grey
Country flag
I really like the sonic grey color and the polished metal too. But finding one is super hard lol most dealers around me only have black and white ones left. I thought about maybe getting wheel locks too, but after seeing how easily thieves can just break them off, idk if it would be worth the investment?
Man, everything in CA is expensive lol
Sonic grey is definitely the color to look for. It’s so slick.

As far as wheel locks go, I only use it as a deterrent. I believe thieves will be less likely to bother steeling the wheels as they require a little more work. But honestly if you really wanted wheel locks I’d buy them elsewhere later on, not worth it off the dealer right away.
Sponsored