Is $24,300 a good price for 2019 Civic Hatchback EX?

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Got quoted around $24,300 for a new hatchback ex, with all taxes and fees included. I also got quoted around $26,000 from a local dealer, but I managed to get them to take the price of the "protection" package off, which was $799. So the local dealer would give me the car for around $25,300, so it would be about $1,000 more. However, the local dealer has a lifetime limited powertrain warranty. I was wondering if that would be worth it?
Sponsored

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Are you leasing, buying or financing?
How long will you keep the car? Where will you service the car? (ie, who cares if one offers "lifetime" service if you know you are going to replace it in 2 years and never use that dealer for service anyway)

Near me, there are 3-4 dealers to play off when it comes to price. You can do that.. share one quote with another and see if they match it. Sometimes Costco, or your Ins Co offer programs to buy a car "no hassle" (but realize you are leaving money on the table for the sake of convenience). There's also Truecar. So, your tools for buying are mostly unlimited, but if you can get the car you want and its within a reasonable variance (say, the 3 local dealers are all within $200 of each other) then I would be inclined to buy from the place you will service it at.

Whether the price you mentioned is good or not comes down to the details of the price/financing/options/dealer add ons etc imho.

Trevor_Brown

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si / 2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I don’t think that’s a very good deal. Bought my Si new at $23,200 out the door (And I’ve seen even better deals).

AllSt4r

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback EX
Country flag
Got quoted around $24,300 for a new hatchback ex, with all taxes and fees included. I also got quoted around $26,000 from a local dealer, but I managed to get them to take the price of the "protection" package off, which was $799. So the local dealer would give me the car for around $25,300, so it would be about $1,000 more. However, the local dealer has a lifetime limited powertrain warranty. I was wondering if that would be worth it?
I bought mine in the DC area for 22K OTD. All fees includes.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's on the high side, imho. I got mine for $23K OTD.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don’t think that’s a very good deal. Bought my Si new at $23,200 out the door (And I’ve seen even better deals).
Well it's the best price I've gotten so far from any dealer within a 100 mile radius of me haha

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you leasing, buying or financing?
How long will you keep the car? Where will you service the car? (ie, who cares if one offers "lifetime" service if you know you are going to replace it in 2 years and never use that dealer for service anyway)

Near me, there are 3-4 dealers to play off when it comes to price. You can do that.. share one quote with another and see if they match it. Sometimes Costco, or your Ins Co offer programs to buy a car "no hassle" (but realize you are leaving money on the table for the sake of convenience). There's also Truecar. So, your tools for buying are mostly unlimited, but if you can get the car you want and its within a reasonable variance (say, the 3 local dealers are all within $200 of each other) then I would be inclined to buy from the place you will service it at.

Whether the price you mentioned is good or not comes down to the details of the price/financing/options/dealer add ons etc imho.
I'm going to be financing the car. I plan on keeping it until it dies on me haha. I mean, I used cargurus to see prices and the price before taxes and fees was $21,900, which according to cargurus is a great deal. This dealer told me they would throw in accessories and stuff for free, which I don't really care about haha. I live about an 1 and 30 minutes from this dealer, the one that is offering the warranty is only 30 minutes away but their price is more than a $1,000

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's on the high side, imho. I got mine for $23K OTD.
You got it for $23,000 with all the taxes and fees included? I mean before taxes and fees, the price of the car would be $21,900 for me

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow that's a good deal haha. Maybe dealers in Georgia just charge more or something? This is the lowest quote I've gotten from a whole bunch of dealers I've gotten OTD prices from.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You got it for $23,000 with all the taxes and fees included? I mean before taxes and fees, the price of the car would be $21,900 for me
Yep. It was a deal I found hard to pass up.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just checked CarGurus and I typed in a DC zip code. The prices are about $2000 cheaper than in Georgia lol

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep. It was a deal I found hard to pass up.
Lucky haha. I don't think I'll be able to find a better price, I've been looking and most dealers here in Georgia had their prices around $22,500 before taxes and fees

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lucky haha. I don't think I'll be able to find a better price, I've been looking and most dealers here in Georgia had their prices around $22,500 before taxes and fees
Definitely luck, man. LOL. My 2 cents is maybe wait til this upcoming Memorial Day weekend and see if there are any new markdowns. $500-1000 bucks more and you're in a sweet spot of a deal, imho. Good luck!

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow that's a good deal haha. Maybe dealers in Georgia just charge more or something? This is the lowest quote I've gotten from a whole bunch of dealers I've gotten OTD prices from.
Have you tried true car?
Sponsored