raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag
Hey all, so I successfully paired my IPhone 8+ to my 16' civic lx-p. The head-unit does confirm it's connected, BUT it will not play music to the car if I open Spotify or even YouTube. Is the BT only functional for hands-free calling, etc. and not music?

Thanks!,
Ralf
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey all, so I successfully paired my IPhone 8+ to my 16' civic lx-p. The head-unit does confirm it's connected, BUT it will not play music to the car if I open Spotify or even YouTube. Is the BT only functional for hands-free calling, etc. and not music?

Thanks!,
Ralf
Is your volume turned up on your phone?

OP
OP
raf702

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is your volume turned up on your phone?
Yes, I triple checked and volume is up. The moment I open up YouTube or Spotify it says BT disconnected. But still shows my phones icons on top left indicating that it’s still connected. Because I can still make calls, etc. through the car’s BT.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
Starter troubleshooting list:

- Reboot your iPhone
- Reboot your stereo head unit
- Remove your phone from the BT list and re-pair it, and make sure it's given "priority" for calls and audio

When Spotify is playing, is the track actually playing? No sound coming out of the phone either?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
'18 sport hatch here with the same non-touch "color audio" head unit. This head unit definitely plays music via BT. Make sure it's connected as an audio device (and not just phone). You may have to go (on your head unit) to menu > bluetooth settings > connect audio device. Something like that. Hard to tell you without being in my car right now

OP
OP
raf702

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks guys! I was able to get working now. I had to reconnect the BT a few times. At first it was BT connected as a phone and not audio device. But after reconnecting several times it paired it both as a phone/audio device. Now Spotify, etc. is playing through the car’s BT. Thanks guys for the tips!

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had mine connect as only a phone device a few times. Instead of having to disconnect/reconnect all the time, follow the steps I listed to pair as an audio device after initial pairing as a phone.
Sponsored