Invidia r400

Ghostype_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo Fr-s, Rx8 -ls2 , 2017 camaro ss1le, 2017 Civic type R #1353
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going to be selling for $3150, but shoot me a message and I'll see if I can get you a good deal to test it out!

46779151_2404571142892024_4385782979314581504_n.jpg
Weight savings ?
Sponsored

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
Weight savings ?
Catback+Front pipe is 11.9 kg which is 26.235 lbs, factory catback is about 40 lbs alone, so with the front pipe probably about 25 lbs

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you, so is it to prevent the heat from spreading into the vehicle or to keep the heat inside the pipe?
Keep heat inside the pipe. But really the frontpipe doesn’t matter. The downpipe does since it’s connected to the turbo. If you do wrap the frontpipe only wrap till the flexpipe

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
If any of you are still running this exhaust, how do you like it? is the drone really THAT bad at 3k?

iDerek2

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My friend has this on his Type R. The sweet spot is around 3k. He was also catless as well but the drone was too much for me personally.

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
My friend has this on his Type R. The sweet spot is around 3k. He was also catless as well but the drone was too much for me personally.
Yeah I'm planning on running the OEM downpipe, so I'm not too worried about that. I like this system because it comes with the front pipe, and for the price it seems like a good deal. Just worried about how my wife and son will take the drone if its that severe.

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
If any of you are still running this exhaust, how do you like it? is the drone really THAT bad at 3k?
It’s pretty bad. Granted my year and a half old daughter sleeps right through it.

That being said, I switched to a rampage Ti exhaust and it’s even worse. Did some testing with a friend and it seems like the drone is much worse once you go with a 3” front pipe vs the stock 2.5”. I’ve tried the Ti exhaust with the oem front pipe and there is no drone.

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
It’s pretty bad. Granted my year and a half old daughter sleeps right through it.

That being said, I switched to a rampage Ti exhaust and it’s even worse. Did some testing with a friend and it seems like the drone is much worse once you go with a 3” front pipe vs the stock 2.5”. I’ve tried the Ti exhaust with the oem front pipe and there is no drone.
Haha so you went from bad to worse. I have a one year old that I’m sure would fall asleep with it, just the wife I need to please. The front pipe test is very interesting though and makes me want to keep that oem as well. Thanks for the information

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
Haha so you went from bad to worse. I have a one year old that I’m sure would fall asleep with it, just the wife I need to please. The front pipe test is very interesting though and makes me want to keep that oem as well. Thanks for the information
Yep I’m going back to OEM frontpipe.The extra 10-12 hp is nice but not worth the headache the drone causes

ajsummers469

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah I'm planning on running the OEM downpipe, so I'm not too worried about that. I like this system because it comes with the front pipe, and for the price it seems like a good deal. Just worried about how my wife and son will take the drone if its that severe.
I have this exhaust on mine and its LOUD inside the cabin....

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It seemed worse when I first installed it along with the PRL downpipe. Now I don't notice it really, maybe I'm just used to the sound. It only sounds "dronelike" if you're off the gas and decelerating without braking. Under light throttle/maintaining cruising speed it's not bad at all.

I don't get why people are so sensitive to "drone". You're buying a higher flowing/performing exhaust set up to add some sound to the stock turboed prius sounding exhaust. This car has a lot of back pressure, just look at all the resonators on the oem exhaust. The r400 has a pretty big resonator on it that does a decent job. It's a full 3" system. Add a bigger downpipe and what do you expect.
Sponsored