First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R, 10 Acura TSX, 16 Yamaha R1
Country flag
hi folks,

Getting my R400 today and want to confirm something. With the front pipe being replaced with the invidia unit, I believe that will attached directly to the cat, correct? Just want to ensure there's no chance of throwing codes as a result. I wouldn't think so since it's a cat-back exhaust, and I have had many before on other cars, and have never had an issue. Just have never had experience with a separate front pipe being inline and wanted to make sure.

thanks.
Yes it will bolt directly to the cat when using the whole system including their frontpipe.
Sponsored

mklfk8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R fk8
for those who heat wrap their front pipe, is it really worth? does it overheat that must?

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
for those who heat wrap their front pipe, is it really worth? does it overheat that must?
Can't speak to whether overheating is actually an issue, but when I saw the video of them pulling out the stock front pipe and it had heat shields on it, I started to wonder. Then when folks getting the Invidia exhaust started wrapping their front pipe, I jumped on the bandwagon and did mine.....and sprayed some of DEI's hi-temp silicone coating on the wrap just for good measure. DEI tells me it increases the working temp of the wrap by about 300 degrees and helps to extend it's life.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
got the R400 installed this morning. No sound clips because, trust me, they don't do this exhaust justice when you hear them over the interweb. Those sound clips were able to direct me to the sound signature I wanted, but the quality and volume of the sound is very different in person. Very, very low, deep sound just as I was looking for. Not a hint of a rasp that so many CTR exhausts exhibit. If you like the sound of a Remus or a GRP, don't get an R400. there is no drone at cruising speed, but as soon as you touch the go-fast pedal, the cabin is going to be filled with low octave goodness. It's not shy, so just beware of that.

Outside the car, just a hint of a warble at idle which is nice. You do get a little bit of burble on upshifts and downshifts which is great. Heel and toe or auto rev-match (whichever flavor you do) sounds really fantastic. And the tips are HUGE....3 giant canons back there. Several have commented that the tips should be rolled at the edges, but I disagree. I think the flat-flange look goes perfectly with the burnt tip appearance.

Between the curing of the heat wrap on the front pipe and the burn-off of the material they use inside the pipes during the mandrel process, there's a pretty good odor circling the car. After the 100 miles or so I have put on the exhaust, that smell is already starting to dissipate.

Very happy with my choice.....

mklfk8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R fk8
got the R400 installed this morning. No sound clips because, trust me, they don't do this exhaust justice when you hear them over the interweb. Those sound clips were able to direct me to the sound signature I wanted, but the quality and volume of the sound is very different in person. Very, very low, deep sound just as I was looking for. Not a hint of a rasp that so many CTR exhausts exhibit. If you like the sound of a Remus or a GRP, don't get an R400. there is no drone at cruising speed, but as soon as you touch the go-fast pedal, the cabin is going to be filled with low octave goodness. It's not shy, so just beware of that.

Outside the car, just a hint of a warble at idle which is nice. You do get a little bit of burble on upshifts and downshifts which is great. Heel and toe or auto rev-match (whichever flavor you do) sounds really fantastic. And the tips are HUGE....3 giant canons back there. Several have commented that the tips should be rolled at the edges, but I disagree. I think the flat-flange look goes perfectly with the burnt tip appearance.

Between the curing of the heat wrap on the front pipe and the burn-off of the material they use inside the pipes during the mandrel process, there's a pretty good odor circling the car. After the 100 miles or so I have put on the exhaust, that smell is already starting to dissipate.

did you heat wrap your front pipi?

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
did you heat wrap your front pipi?
I did. I used the 2" DEI fiberglass wrap, and several SS cable ties to ensure it was anchored. I also sprayed on two coats of DEI's hi-temp silicone spray as they said it increases the working temp of the wrap about 300 degrees, and makes the wrap last longer.

I had it installed by a high performance shop that works on Hondas, Evos, and WRX's. most of the folks there race all the time. I asked them when they were looking through the R400 pieces about the front pipe wrap compared to the heat shields on the stock front pipe (was not sure if they should try and install the heat shields on the R400 FP instead of the wrap I had). they all agreed that the wrap is much better at containing high engine temps in their experience with running engines at high pressure and high temps.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did. I used the 2" DEI fiberglass wrap, and several SS cable ties to ensure it was anchored. I also sprayed on two coats of DEI's hi-temp silicone spray as they said it increases the working temp of the wrap about 300 degrees, and makes the wrap last longer. I had never done this before and DEI has a great, short video on how to prep and wrap it properly.

I had it installed by a high performance shop that works on Hondas, Evos, and WRX's. most of the folks there race all the time. I asked them when they were looking through the R400 pieces about the front pipe wrap compared to the heat shields on the stock front pipe (was not sure if they should try and install the heat shields on the R400 FP instead of the wrap I had). they all agreed that the wrap is much better at containing high engine temps in their experience with running engines at high pressure and high temps.

Joe-G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR
Country flag
Anyone have any fitment issues with theirs? My tips sit slightly lower than the other setups that I've seen. I've compared mine to two other setups local to me, and mine probably sits 1/4" lower?

Doesn't seem like you can adjust the positioning up or down very much?

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Anyone have any fitment issues with theirs? My tips sit slightly lower than the other setups that I've seen. I've compared mine to two other setups local to me, and mine probably sits 1/4" lower?

Take a picture, might be the brackets that holds the muffler.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I did notice mine hang lower than stock. Like you, I got up under there, and there seems to be NO give, trying to push them up at all, so I don't think it's a hanger issue. Could it be they are that way because if they were up tight into the cove, the tips might touch the sides, as they are really big? Just wondering if that's why they hang a tad bit lower?

bnotes17

First Name
noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r ; 2018 subaru wrx sti
Country flag

same experience as above, word for word (I hope I don't get accused of plagiarism, lol)....this is my first invidia, ever. JUST PROBABLY MY TASTE!. I'll be trying invidia as well on my 18 sti, soon!

Last edited:

SaiHayashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FN2R NHB 2008; NA8 MX-5 turbo 2013; LandRover Discovery 2016; FK8R CW 2017
Country flag
Take a picture, might be the brackets that holds the muffler.
Second that. Mine was hanging bit low too when it was still up on the hoist, asked the mechanic and he adjusted the hangers, now it sits perfectly like stock's.
Sponsored