First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just called Jetworld the other day and they said it should drop around March, April the latest...I’m so excited ✌
Sponsored

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I'll give it a wait then lol. I don't care about the 10lbs it will add for the dyno mat. I didn't seem bad this morning, but I do a lot of hwy driving :/
The only thing you can do for reduce drone is adding resonator large resonators remove deep tone , but the overall sounds of the exhaust is going to change

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
It's hard for some people to believe (for whatever reason) but a car is a hollow object that vibrates and resonates due to engine and road vibrations; i.e. a drum. Whatever sound energy is not mitigated by physical means, like resonators and mufflers, will go into atmosphere and also into your car. Low frequency sound waves travel better through solids than higher frequencies so whatever low frequencies are vibrating the metal of your car is turning your car into a drum. Adding reflective and absorbing materials will only help, so using sound dampening products like FatMat or Dynamat in the back of the car will definitely help, but not completely remove it. I would suggest buying some of that material and apply it directly to the metal in the hatch under where the fix-a-flat air pump device is stored. If it doesn't work and you can't live with it, then you have two options: Make modifications to the exhaust like adding a Helmholtz chamber, or buying a different exhaust.

Saying that adding insulation won't help is incorrect; it will reduce the vibration (low frequency sound waves), but not completely remove it. Have you seen the size of the one piece muffler on the Miltek? It's a very large volume. No wonder it removes the boominess inside the car.

That’s right insulation material definitely will help, but not in resolving the problem.

The nvidea r400 has 3 “ muffler “ actually high performance muffler like the oem exhaust, are exact he same like the resonator construction, is a strength pipe with holes. The miltek I saw has a regular muffler and those muffler loose some performance but are better for attenuation of certain frequencies, specially those Annoying drone sounds

HBKEAZY!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Any one have clips of this exhaust? I’m debating if I want the Q300 or the R400.

HBKEAZY!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Ok so I've held my tongue for the longest time on this exhaust. When people first got this exhaust, they were gushing non-stop over the R400 so I kept quiet. However, I was one of the first to get the R400 and the first to complain directly to Invidia...like I actually went to JetWorld to talk to them about it. One of the things I talked about was replacing the triple canisters with the Q300, but they made it clear that Invidia has no intention of making the Q300 for this car since everyone is demanding the R400. So if a bunch of people complain, maybe Invidia will consider the Q300? Anyway, their main point from the meeting was that the prototype had WAY MORE drone than what we're experiencing right now, and the testers were happy with the final revision. I got to give it to JetWorld: they were nice and receptive of my concerns but at the end of the day, this is the R400 that we get so there was not much else JetWorld could do for me. I went ahead and built a second resonator pipe between the original resonator pipe and the triple canisters. I'd say the drone dropped about 50% but it's still bad. I've been toying around with the idea of replacing the original resonator pipe with a double resonator pipe so I'd have a total of three resonators before hitting the triple canisters. However, I already dropped $300 getting a extra resonator in so I'm not sure if I want to throw more money at this drone problem. If anybody wants to give it a try, I used the Vibrant Ultra Quiet 3" Resonator and completely rebuilt that midpipe section so I'd still retain the original Invidia straight mid-pipe.
I was thinking of adding that exact resonator to the R400 if I thought it was to loud. I’m still debating to get the R400 or wait for the Q300. Do you have any pictures or videos I would love to see what you did.

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
The Q300 is the quiet version from the R400 I assume, interested to hear what this sounds like.
Do you have an update on this? I just placed an order for one from AUS. Assuming there arent any product differences and should install fine on US model.

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have an update on this? I just placed an order for one from AUS. Assuming there arent any product differences and should install fine on US model.
If you do install it, can you please show pictures/video if everything bolts up correctly, if it does I’m ordering it...how much was it converted to US dollars? Thanks

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
If you do install it, can you please show pictures/video if everything bolts up correctly, if it does I’m ordering it...how much was it converted to US dollars? Thanks
It was on sale at jdmyard for $770 US. I had to pay $400 in shipping but it was still cheaper than any site i found that had it listed. I have never seen an exhaust be different from RHD to LHD unless the motor was also installed differently. I cant imagine it being any different as I havent seen any comments from other manufacturers regarding that. i will definitely be posting pics etc once it arrives. While the shipping was high it will be here Wednesday and it just shipped today.

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Audi RS3
Country flag
upgraded my sub :) - now i only hear bass lol.

Also put sound deadening in the truck and i have no drone now. so im super happy. i added around 4lbs with the sound deadening...best 4lbs ever! if i ever needs those 4lbs back i'll take a crap before i get in my car LOL :p

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was on sale at jdmyard for $770 US. I had to pay $400 in shipping but it was still cheaper than any site i found that had it listed. I have never seen an exhaust be different from RHD to LHD unless the motor was also installed differently. I cant imagine it being any different as I havent seen any comments from other manufacturers regarding that. i will definitely be posting pics etc once it arrives. While the shipping was high it will be here Wednesday and it just shipped today.
That’s awesome! If everything is bolts up alright I’ll definitely order from them because I want the quieter version!

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
That’s awesome! If everything is bolts up alright I’ll definitely order from them because I want the quieter version!
Perfect fitment. I have created a detailed thread on the q300 in this subthread for those interested. Search invidia q300 installed. But should be up top already.
Sponsored