1. OP
    OP
    mdmayberry09

First Name:
    Matthew
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic SI
    Initial thoughts:
    -Sound is great, it's slightly louder than stock, it's deep and aggressive, but it's not a "HEY LOOK AT ME" or tin-can sound, which is exactly what I wanted.
    -Installation was simple, even for a car novice such as myself without the correct tools, about 1.5-2 hours. Those with a bit more knowledge could probably knock this out in an hour.
    -Invidia quality is amazing, the piping welds all look clean, and there was absolutely no damage or bends in the product.
    -I believe the rubber holders will be enough, i'd have liked if Invidia flared the ends to "lock" them like stock, but I don't think this will be an issue, mostly just an opinion.
    -Drone at low speed/lower RPM is there, but with my music on I couldn't tell, at cruising speeds it's absolutely non-existent so any music you play will cover it completely.

I'm going to post links to the Youtube user who did the initial videos of the R400, because quite frankly, they're spot on and his recording gear is 100x better than anything I could get with my iPhone, so I want to give credit where credit is due.

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

ne0guri, silverblip, aighead and 4 others thanked this.
  2. ThatDustyFox

ThatDustyFox Senior Member

Car(s):
    FC1 Si
    I wish I could see what it looks like on a sedan. I've always liked the R400, but 27WON's exhaust looks promising too.
    @procivic Is there an option to get this without the burnt tips?

3. procivic

procivic Senior Member
    Elite Sponsor

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2017 Civic EXT Sedan (manual), 2014 Civic Si Sedan, Others
  4. JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR Uncle Dave

Government
    Car(s):
    2012 Acura TL Califonia Edition / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
    That exhaust looks and sounds really nice!:thumbsup: Wonder when Invidia will have the Q300 "lunch box" version out:hmm:

5. DrToothache

DrToothache Senior Member

Tooth Doctor
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si Coupe
    Exhaust looks great! I thought that the tri-tip would be a little too much, but it actually looks really good. I really want to pick up an exhaust for my Si Coupe, but am having trouble finding comparisons between them. I am more interested in the HKS and Magnaflow style. I feel like video's don't really represent the sound between the 2 especially when the Youtube videos are filmed with different equipment. It would be awesome if there was a direct comparison between these exhausts in the same video to hear the differences.

bakingpancake thanked this.
  6. MeanGreenSi

MeanGreenSi Senior Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
  7. ThatDustyFox

ThatDustyFox Senior Member

Car(s):
    FC1 Si
  8. OP
    OP
    mdmayberry09

First Name:
    Matthew
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic SI
    After 2-3 days of driving, I can tell it's starting to try and break in some after about 200ish miles of driving. The initial drone/rumbling I heard has started to settle and it's beginning to not be as noticeable in the car cabin. Additionally, I can tell it's really wanting to crackle and pop, I just simply do not have the additional piping for it to, so if you had the fp/dp combo I feel you're going to get some pretty aggressive sounds from the exhaust paired with pops and cracks. Overall I'm loving it, looks great (to me) and sounds exactly like I was hoping so that I didn't have a flashy/loud exhaust that draws attention.

VooDuuChild and procivic thanked this.
  9. procivic

procivic Senior Member
    Elite Sponsor

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2017 Civic EXT Sedan (manual), 2014 Civic Si Sedan, Others
    We had quite a few yesterday, but seems to be out of stock now!

10. Paprocjo

Paprocjo Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
    How is it sounding with a few hundred more miles on it? This is the system I am leaning towards until HKS creates something.

VooDuuChild thanked this.
  11. OP
    OP
    mdmayberry09

First Name:
    Matthew
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic SI
    It's gotten a bit more deeper, while somehow becoming a bit more quiet. It seems to have hit the full break in now. I can still tell if I had the dp/fp combo I'd be getting some nice pops. It is louder than stock, my girlfriend lives in a building with a parking garage and when she had her windows open the other day she told e she could hear my car leaving, but it's still not tin can sounding at all.

Paprocjo, JDM_DOHC_SiR and VooDuuChild thanked this.
  12. Paprocjo

Paprocjo Senior Member

Car(s):
    Perfect! I am looking for something a bit louder then stock and this system seems to check all the right boxes. Thanks!

13. OP
    OP
    mdmayberry09

First Name:
    Matthew
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic SI
    I love this one so far, it's specifically what I waited for after hearing/watching the initial videos because it's not too loud and flashy. After break-in, it's exactly what I wanted and just happened to also be tri-tip which I also wanted and is likely the last mod I'll do for a while because I think I've hit the point that if I want to do anything else, I'm absolutely going to need a clutch swap.

14. WOPSiWOT

WOPSiWOT Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Si Sedan
  15. Paprocjo

Paprocjo Senior Member

Car(s):
    I could be wrong but I believe it's not a true catback. My understanding is: downpipe -> frontpipe -> 'Cat-back'
    based on this diagram: tba4b0202-png.png