OP
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
I think the price will actually be cheaper. Since the R400 is already 1.1k MSRP.

I heard your sound clips, not sure if I like it too much compared to the R400. Do you happen to have any sound clips from outside the car?
In aus the r400 and q300 are the same msrp but not sure how that will translate. Just the one in the post. I have not done a fly by outside yet.
Sponsored

Midarete

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #4870
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In aus the r400 and q300 are the same msrp but not sure how that will translate. Just the one in the post. I have not done a fly by outside yet.
Got it.

I actually just found some AUS type r with the Q300 and I actually like it a lot more now! Hoping for it to go on sale in the US soon.

OP
OP
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Got it.

I actually just found some AUS type r with the Q300 and I actually like it a lot more now! Hoping for it to go on sale in the US soon.
Yeah i found a clip from qld group on ig and that what was sealed it for me. I think you can run catless dp with this and still not get droned out which is what I would prefer

jgoods90

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR, 2007 GPW S2000 (sold)
Country flag
I messaged INVIDIA but no response? Anyone have any news on a potential US release for the q300?

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Going to find out soon. Need to find out if tune is necessary for catless
It is not necessary. However some variances between brands on DP's may cause an code which Hondata or Ktuner can ignore (myself never had issues). Also with a tune you will actually get the performance benefit since, without the ECU will just meet its torque values and not make any additional power over a fully stock vehicle.

OP
OP
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
It is not necessary. However some variances between brands on DP's may cause an code which Hondata or Ktuner can ignore (myself never had issues). Also with a tune you will actually get the performance benefit since, without the ECU will just meet its torque values and not make any additional power over a fully stock vehicle.

Are you using a defouler? Catless or catted dp?

With everything still new I am going to wait until next year for a tune. Keep seeing too many manufacturer hiccups so want to make sure if that stuff happens to me I dont have honda shaking their fist at me like its my fault because of the tune. Primarily the rusted out spark plus and leaking valve covers. I have a late run 2018 so hopefully that quietly fixed those for mine. Havent gotten around to checkn the spark plugs yet but I at least dont have the valve cover leak.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Are you using a defouler? Catless or catted dp?

With everything still new I am going to wait until next year for a tune. Keep seeing too many manufacturer hiccups so want to make sure if that stuff happens to me I dont have honda shaking their fist at me like its my fault because of the tune. Primarily the rusted out spark plus and leaking valve covers. I have a late run 2018 so hopefully that quietly fixed those for mine. Havent gotten around to checkn the spark plugs yet but I at least dont have the valve cover leak.
RV6 Catted with the defouler they provided.

OP
OP
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Can I just say... I love your license plate. :D
Haha thanks! Had to sell my s5 coupe for a 4 door. The wifes only request was 4 dr haha. She actually came up with the license plate though.

OP
OP
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
looks like preorders are starting for the q300 in the US finally. Check with your dealers.