Introducing ACUITY's New Performance Shifter Centering Spring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hey guys! We're excited to introduce this new addition to our product line: the ACUITY Performance Shifter Centering Spring for the 10th Gen Civic. It's compatible with the CTR, Si, and even the Sport. It provides a 20% increase in centering spring load on the CTR and Si and a very impressive 100% increase in centering load on the Sport models. If you find the Sport to have a shifter that feels anything but sporty, this disparity in centering force is part of the reason why. This is a quick and easy way to solve that issue.

Enough of my rambling, I give you photos and the official pitch:

A SIMPLE MOD YOU'LL ENJOY ON EVERY DRIVE:
This spring was designed to improve the centering action of your 10th Gen's stock shifter. If you've ever found the centering action of your shifter to leave you wanting a sportier feel, the solution is finally here. With a notably increased preload and nearly identical rate, the ACUITY Performance Shifter Centering Spring increases the centering load in neutral without significantly increasing the force required to locate the far gates (e.g. 1/2 and R). The end result is a sportier shifting feel without an increase in driver fatigue or a reduction in drivability. You can expect a 100% increase in centering force on the Sport model and a 20% increase in centering force on the Si and CTR. In addition to the Performance Shifter Centering Spring, each kit is supplied with a small packet of premium silicone grease to re-lubricate the shifter with after removing the OEM spring.

These are a great item to include when installing the 1914 Shifter Base Bushings. The combination makes for a surprisingly noticeable improvement in shifting.

Fitment:
  • 2016-2017 Honda Civic (6mt only)
  • 2016-2017 Honda Civic Si
  • 2017+ Civic Type R
You can purchase these through our site here: Performance Shifter Centering Spring at ACUITYinstruments.com

Price is $24

Honda Civic 10th gen Introducing ACUITY's New Performance Shifter Centering Spring! 1918-Spring_3

Honda Civic 10th gen Introducing ACUITY's New Performance Shifter Centering Spring! 1918-Spring_1

Honda Civic 10th gen Introducing ACUITY's New Performance Shifter Centering Spring! 1918-spring%20comparison_2

Honda Civic 10th gen Introducing ACUITY's New Performance Shifter Centering Spring! 1918-installed_spring_2

Honda Civic 10th gen Introducing ACUITY's New Performance Shifter Centering Spring! 1918-installed_spring_3

Curious to know what's involved in installation? see our install guide here: ACUITY Install Guide Page

Last edited:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Finally! something to get some of the side to side feel back in the shifter :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

00fk7

First Name
Ronan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback MT
Anyone have this installed? opinions?

vonlaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Just got done installing in my sport and the new spring was immediately noticeable. The little bit of play with stock spring when sitting in neutral is tightened up and shifts are firm without requiring a lot of extra force. 1/2 are nice and easy to get to with R taking a little more push. I haven't driven it yet and will post back after some stop and go commuting tomorrow, but I expect more buttery acuity goodness.

Ordered Thursday morning and arrived today, the following Monday. Installed and done in 20 minutes, but I've had some practice breaking down the center console when I installed the base bushings (also recommmend!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Just got done installing in my sport and the new spring was immediately noticeable. The little bit of play with stock spring when sitting in neutral is tightened up and shifts are firm without requiring a lot of extra force. 1/2 are nice and easy to get to with R taking a little more push. I haven't driven it yet and will post back after some stop and go commuting tomorrow, but I expect more buttery acuity goodness.

Ordered Tursday morning and arrived today, the following Monday. Installed and done in 20 minutes, but I've had some practice breaking down the center console when I installed the base bushings (also recommmend!)
Thanks for the feedback and kind words! I don't want to accept it, but I think you have me beat in console removal time. haha

~russ

00fk7

First Name
Ronan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback MT
Thanks for the feedback and kind words! I don't want to accept it, but I think you have me beat in console removal time. haha

~russ
IS There a kit with the spring and bushings or do they need to be purchased separately?

vonlaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

~russ
Race ya! I've torn into it a few times now between console illumination, new head unit, and the bushing installs. Also, there's a few less steps with the sport compared to the Si. I can skip 11b-11f and just pull the console since there's no usb under the armrest.

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
IS There a kit with the spring and bushings or do they need to be purchased separately?
None of the kits feature springs currently. We may add the springs as an optional add-on eventually, but for now they can be purchased separately.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Race ya! I've torn into it a few times now between console illumination, new head unit, and the bushing installs. Also, there's a few less steps with the sport compared to the Si. I can skip 11b-11f and just pull the console since there's no usb under the armrest.
I win for slowest! :confused: Wireless charging adds another harness, a couple screws, and more picking and prying.

vonlaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've had a few days of driving with the new spring and am very pleased. The extra preload is very apparent when center neutral, but it doesn't mean that your shifts side to side are going to be restrictive. Feels like just a small amount of extra force is required, but it's very comfortable overall. The most noticeable improvement to me is the sharp snap back to center when shifting from 2 to 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.