First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know I've seen a few people do this already so it's not something new but I just wanted to share my project. I took out all the plastic trim pieces that would be red on the Type R dash and I wrapped them with matte red 3M vinyl. The 2 pieces to the left of the steering wheel came out in 2 seconds as well as the one above the center air vents. Now the one to the right in front of the passenger seat is a little trickier. You have to remove the whole trim piece that it is connected to above the glove box and the air vent as well, then you have to remove some trim below the radio and loosen the radio and A/C controls to get the trim piece out.
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Red Trim Dash DSC_4860 Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Red Trim Dash DSC_4889 Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Red Trim Dash DSC_4881 Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Red Trim Dash DSC_4863

Chris823

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic, 2007 civic.
Vehicle Showcase
I know I've seen a few people do this already so it's not something new but I just wanted to share my project. I took out all the plastic trim pieces that would be red on the Type R dash and I wrapped them with matte red 3M vinyl. The 2 pieces to the left of the steering wheel came out in 2 seconds as well as the one above the center air vents. Now the one to the right in front of the passenger seat is a little trickier. You have to remove the whole trim piece that it is connected to above the glove box and the air vent as well, then you have to remove some trim below the radio and loosen the radio and A/C controls to get the trim piece out.
DSC_4860.jpg DSC_4889.jpg DSC_4881.jpg DSC_4863.jpg
How did you go about pulling these trim pieces? Did you need to lever something under them?

rafdeegee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-TURBO
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good work! It looks dope

OP
OP
RallyeeRedAZ

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did you go about pulling these trim pieces? Did you need to lever something under them?
I used a small screw driver and a cloth being careful not to scratch anything.

xtherebellion

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring Sedan
Country flag
This looks really nice. Just a personal thing, but I'd recommend getting a cloth and wiping your car down a bit before taking the picture :p

I would like to do this in blue for my car. Wish I had the ralleye red, but I don't know if its available in Canada for my model. Some said it wasn't and I don't seem to see anyone with.

OP
OP
RallyeeRedAZ

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This looks really nice. Just a personal thing, but I'd recommend getting a cloth and wiping your car down a bit before taking the picture :p

I would like to do this in blue for my car. Wish I had the ralleye red, but I don't know if its available in Canada for my model. Some said it wasn't and I don't seem to see anyone with.
Haha! I noticed it after I took the photos and it was too late to redo them so I figured ehh whatever, i was just doing some photos to show the stripes i was going to do some nicer photos another day lol. I think it would look awesome in blue too!

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
RallyeeRed was my 2nd choice for color. Looks good.

OP
OP
RallyeeRedAZ

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
RallyeeRed was my 2nd choice for color. Looks good.
Red is my favorite color! When i bought my last car (it was a 2015 Accord Sport) i wanted it in bright red which they didn't have available then when i saw this hatch in Rallye Red i had to have it!

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Red is my favorite color! When i bought my last car (it was a 2015 Accord Sport) i wanted it in bright red which they didn't have available then when i saw this hatch in Rallye Red i had to have it!
Nice, my car before this was a '13 Honda Fit Sport in Milano red. Great car and color, just loved the metallic white.

bwoodling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Polished Metal)
Can you link the vinyl you bought?

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just did this with Chinese overlays. cost me $30. I feel like yours was cheaper but I was scared to break my strips.

vmaxr35

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Tahoe GTR
Country flag
Looks good, I'm about to do mine in a Verde Ithaca green. I like the difference of green on grey. But to yours, red and black are always a perfect match and why my other car is red. Good job.
Sponsored