soapctr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The rattling sound is coming from the infotainment screen area and every time I'm up at 3500-4000 RPM it rattles/vibrates.
I tried pushing down on all the edges but cannot find the source.
Anyone else experience this and got a fix?
Sponsored

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
The rattling sound is coming from the infotainment screen area and every time I'm up at 3500-4000 RPM it rattles/vibrates.
I tried pushing down on all the edges but cannot find the source.
Anyone else experience this and got a fix?
Best thing is to just start taking of panels and add foam, while also tying wires and taping them down where possible. This car is not a luxury vehicle, but that doesn’t mean you can’t apply the same type of panel foam.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Yep, lots of us over here have this. One chap took it apart bit by bit and foamed up as much as possible and it worked.

Too much for me so I just turn the Remus and music up

OP
OP

soapctr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Best thing is to just start taking of panels and add foam, while also tying wires and taping them down where possible. This car is not a luxury vehicle, but that doesn’t mean you can’t apply the same type of panel foam.
I might just take it in to the dealership while I get my oil changed. I'm used to interior rattling coming from an STi but this rattle is high pitched and really annoying to my ears

RosevilleSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
I might just take it in to the dealership while I get my oil changed. I'm used to interior rattling coming from an STi but this rattle is high pitched and really annoying to my ears
I'm taking mine in this week. The buzzing and rattling is sooooo bad.

OP
OP

soapctr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm taking mine in this week. The buzzing and rattling is sooooo bad.
Is yours like mine? where it just buzzes at a certain RPM? Let me know how it goes!

WrongWayWade

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Is yours like mine? where it just buzzes at a certain RPM? Let me know how it goes!
I get a certain buzz from the engine into the driving compartment around 4400, gear doesn’t matter. Something harmonic going on. I doubt it can be ‘fixed’. I read somewhere that the CTR has really solid motor mounts so it’s no surprise that some engine vibrations are telegraphed though the whole car at certain rpms.

I don’t have ‘rattles’, just a bee-like buzzing from the engine. Ones in a long while some plastic pieces made some noise; it was from the center console where the side pieces meet the interior block.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackjunkies.org
Vehicle(s)
08 S2000 CR / 99 Spec Miata / 99 WRL Miata / 18 Type R
Country flag
I get a certain buzz from the engine into the driving compartment around 4400, gear doesn’t matter. Something harmonic going on. I doubt it can be ‘fixed’. I read somewhere that the CTR has really solid motor mounts so it’s no surprise that some engine vibrations are telegraphed though the whole car at certain rpms.

I don’t have ‘rattles’, just a bee-like buzzing from the engine. Ones in a long while some plastic pieces made some noise; it was from the center console where the side pieces meet the interior block.
The rattles are on their way, I promise ;)

To OP: Just hit 11k on my 2018 R (my DD) and it's a symphony of buzzes, rattles and hums day to day. They come and go depending on temperature etc. Center console one week, seat bracket squeaks the next, and at random intervals each speaker front and rear (those little shits drive me mad the most). Every day is an adventure...but just like the S2000 had its quirks and sounded like a space capsule on earth atmosphere re-entry sometimes....the car makes up for it. But good luck taking it to the dealer, you'll be there every other week and by the time they're done it'll be worse than when you brought it in. Cheers.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I tend to get more buzzes and creaks in the winter time (when it goes below freezing). I've had a clicking clutch pedal for a little too long now. Honda said it was the CMC and replaced it... And that fixed it for about a couple weeks. Then it came back :/ Besides that the only other buzz/click I get sounds like it's coming somewhere in the steering mechanism, but only happens in the cold... Certain songs will also cause the door panels to rattle a little. Outside of that, I don't get much.

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Country flag
Mine buzzes all the time, it is indeed rpm dependent coming in at 3.5k and fading out after 4k. It's definitely plastic and seems to be coming from the passenger dash or a-pillar area, i've already had it into the dealer for this problem and they were not able to figure out what is causing it. They removed the a-pillar covers and the center dash speaker and it was still present when revving the car off the ground on a lift so it isn't vibration from the road. I'm going to do a full motor mount swap so just dealing with it until I do that so I can figure it out from there as I assume it will only become more apparent after the mount swap.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Mine buzzes all the time, it is indeed rpm dependent coming in at 3.5k and fading out after 4k. It's definitely plastic and seems to be coming from the passenger dash or a-pillar area, i've already had it into the dealer for this problem and they were not able to figure out what is causing it. They removed the a-pillar covers and the center dash speaker and it was still present when revving the car off the ground on a lift so it isn't vibration from the road. I'm going to do a full motor mount swap so just dealing with it until I do that so I can figure it out from there as I assume it will only become more apparent after the mount swap.
I remember I had a rattle that sounded like it came in the direction of the passenger front wheel well. It ended up being something in my glove box (dealer plate covers vibrating against something).

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
The rattles are on their way, I promise ;)

To OP: Just hit 11k on my 2018 R (my DD) and it's a symphony of buzzes, rattles and hums day to day. They come and go depending on temperature etc. Center console one week, seat bracket squeaks the next, and at random intervals each speaker front and rear (those little shits drive me mad the most). Every day is an adventure...but just like the S2000 had its quirks and sounded like a space capsule on earth atmosphere re-entry sometimes....the car makes up for it. But good luck taking it to the dealer, you'll be there every other week and by the time they're done it'll be worse than when you brought it in. Cheers.
Truth. I've had rattles from week 1 and just decided to live with them. If you bring it to the dealer, there's a huge chance they'll F it up even more. lol

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The only two flaws that I feel are significant for my ownership experience have been:

1. OVERHEATING.
2. Buzzes and rattles, and squeaking seat.

I have felt around on the dash and instrument panel to try to find the sources, but so far the really annoying ones are all internal it seems like. Pressing on things mostly doesn't help.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackjunkies.org
Vehicle(s)
08 S2000 CR / 99 Spec Miata / 99 WRL Miata / 18 Type R
Country flag
The only two flaws that I feel are significant for my ownership experience have been:

1. OVERHEATING.
2. Buzzes and rattles, and squeaking seat.

I have felt around on the dash and instrument panel to try to find the sources, but so far the really annoying ones are all internal it seems like. Pressing on things mostly doesn't help.
If you don't have a kazoo noise when shifting at high RPMs consider yourself lucky - that one reallllllly gets me...
Sponsored