Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Well somehow I have a new issue. Took apart center dash. Got short shifter in. Put everything back together. (Or so I think). Put the battery back in......

And the red trim lights along the center console, the ac control lights, red under dash lights, the red light on the roof shining down. None of those work now. I have pulled the car apart again. And I’m 99% sure that all the plugs and connectors were in.

Which fuse should I look at? I legit pulled almost all of the fuses under the dash and nothing was broken. Looked under the hood at a few and nothing.

So.... any ideas?
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Well somehow I have a new issue. Took apart center dash. Got short shifter in. Put everything back together. (Or so I think). Put the battery back in......

And the red trim lights along the center console, the ac control lights, red under dash lights, the red light on the roof shining down. None of those work now. I have pulled the car apart again. And I’m 99% sure that all the plugs and connectors were in.

Which fuse should I look at? I legit pulled almost all of the fuses under the dash and nothing was broken. Looked under the hood at a few and nothing.

So.... any ideas?
I don’t know if I’m correct on this but it’s worth a try. When I had a shop install my system I thought they messed something up or maybe just left something disconnected because none of my lights were working. So I took it back. It was operator error on my part. Our cars got that sensor sitting on the top center of our dash that senses light. If it isn’t dark then your interior lights will not come on even if you turn your parking lights on manually. It was daytime when I was leaving the shop so they were not coming on. So to show me they work he simply covered the sensor with some cardboard and on came all the lights. So try covering the sensor or just wait till nighttime and see if they work

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
I don’t know if I’m correct on this but it’s worth a try. When I had a shop install my system I thought they messed something up or maybe just left something disconnected because none of my lights were working. So I took it back. It was operator error on my part. Our cars got that sensor sitting on the top center of our dash that senses light. If it isn’t dark then your interior lights will not come on even if you turn your parking lights on manually. It was daytime when I was leaving the shop so they were not coming on. So to show me they work he simply covered the sensor with some cardboard and on came all the lights. So try covering the sensor or just wait till nighttime and see if they work

It was night when I tried to figure it all out.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It was night when I tried to figure it all out.
Oh ok. It is acting like that sensor though. I wonder if the wire to that sensor runs back there? If you figure it out let us know because I’m sure somebody will run into this problem to. Good luck

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Oh ok. It is acting like that sensor though. I wonder if the wire to that sensor runs back there? If you figure it out let us know because I’m sure somebody will run into this problem to. Good luck
It could be that though. It was night but I started the car in my garage under a bright light. So now I should put my car back together to try that lol.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It could be that though. It was night but I started the car in my garage under a bright light. So now I should put my car back together to try that lol.
Yeah it wouldn’t hurt. I know when the guys in the shop showed me by covering the sensor, they were in the shop. So I guess a bright enough garage light will trigger it. If you have to, just cover it with something and give it a couple seconds and the lights should come on

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Yeah it wouldn’t hurt. I know when the guys in the shop showed me by covering the sensor, they were in the shop. So I guess a bright enough garage light will trigger it
I did play with the lights manually though. But this at least tells me that it is all of the “night time” lights. So I hope just disconnecting the battery could reset that.

‍♂ Thanks man!

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did play with the lights manually though. But this at least tells me that it is all of the “night time” lights. So I hope just disconnecting the battery could reset that.

‍♂ Thanks man!
They really don’t need to be reset. Just connect everything and turn your headlights on and cover that sensor and they should come on. That’s the job of that sensor. It’s supposed to turn your interior lights on and off depending on brightness and also if you have your headlights on auto, it lets the computer know to turn your headlights on and off. But even if you turn your headlights on manual I believe it will only allow the headlights to stay on but the interior won’t if there is ambient light. Good luck. Hope that’s all it was

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
They really don’t need to be reset. Just connect everything and turn your headlights on and cover that sensor and they should come on. That’s the job of that sensor. It’s supposed to turn your interior lights on and off depending on brightness and also if you have your headlights on auto, it lets the computer know to turn your headlights on and off. But even if you turn your headlights on manual I believe it will only allow the headlights to stay on but the interior won’t if there is ambient light. Good luck. Hope that’s all it was
I hope so. I backed out and drove in the dark and the sensor didn’t kick them on. So.... idk.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope so. I backed out and drove in the dark and the sensor didn’t kick them on. So.... idk.
Hmm. I’ll mess with mine when I get home to see what all turns off when that sensor is tripped. Because if it’s the same lights, then it’s definitely the light sensor causing it.

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Hmm. I’ll mess with mine when I get home to see what all turns off when that sensor is tripped. Because if it’s the same lights, then it’s definitely the light sensor causing it.
I just covered it and turned the car back on. Now I’m getting a rev match error and emissions error. What the actual hell is happening this was a short shifter install.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just covered it and turned the car back on. Now I’m getting a rev match error and emissions error. What the actual hell is happening this was a short shifter install.
Rev match? Where is that switch located?

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Rev match? Where is that switch located?
Dude I have no idea. I legit thought that this would be a simple unplug the battery, discounted stuff. Switch the short shifter plug all back in and then put the battery back. And it would be fine. The emissions and rev match issues were not until I started pulling the fuses. But none were broken. So now idk what’s happening and I’m kind of freaking out

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dude I have no idea. I legit thought that this would be a simple unplug the battery, discounted stuff. Switch the short shifter plug all back in and then put the battery back. And it would be fine. The emissions and rev match issues were not until I started pulling the fuses. But none were broken. So now idk what’s happening and I’m kind of freaking out
I would drive it around and see if it goes off. I get all type of faults when I disconnect my battery. I have to drive it to go away

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When you disconnect your battery it resets all kind of systems. My car has at least three different faults. But once you drive it they should go away. Drive it around the block a couple times and see
Sponsored