Interesting video I found on YouTube - Boomba Racing fully recirculating BPV

tomcxb

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Type R, 2020 Pacific Pewter Honda Odyssey Elite, 2020 Tungsten Silver Toyota Supra 3.0
Country flag

Looks like they will be making a fully recirculating BPV for the SI
Sponsored

Dead_pool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic SI sedan
Country flag
In the video is a type R. Where did you see they are going to make one for the SI?

OP
OP

tomcxb

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Type R, 2020 Pacific Pewter Honda Odyssey Elite, 2020 Tungsten Silver Toyota Supra 3.0
Country flag
In the video is a type R. Where did you see they are going to make one for the SI?
If you look in the comments, I asked if they would be making one for the SI and they said they would be soon.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What would the purpose of an aftermarket BPV be? Unless you are going big turbo or full build, the stock BPV shows it can handle any bolt ons

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What would the purpose of an aftermarket BPV be? Unless you are going big turbo or full build, the stock BPV shows it can handle any bolt ons
Sound. Pretty much it.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP

tomcxb

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sound. Pretty much it.
You hear the stock BPV loud and clear with a CAI or short ram. Much safer that way. The aftermarket BPV's BOV's are causing these cars to run rich, and incorrectly. The sound is pretty cool, but better to hear it the right way, instead of jacking up your car to sound like Fast and Furious.

OP
OP

tomcxb

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You hear the stock BPV loud and clear with a CAI or short ram. Much safer that way. The aftermarket BPV's BOV's are causing these cars to run rich, and incorrectly. The sound is pretty cool, but better to hear it the right way, instead of jacking up your car to sound like Fast and Furious.
The BOV has issues because it is venting the air to the atmosphere which messes up the air / fuel ratio

The BPV (whether stock or Boomba in this case) keeps that air recirculated so there should be no ill performance issues from the Boomba vs the stock.

In the videos it certainly seems louder than stock but that could be solely due to an intake and not the BPV. Guess we will see when they release the product.

It is interesting that they chose to go this route. Maybe all the threads here talking about how bad it is to vent to atmosphere finally hit home and they are unofficially admitting that the BOV they sell isn't good for the car.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I am sure that is correct. I just don't see how an aftermarket BPV is that much louder or better than stock, unless you are upping the turbo and/or internals to require more air. I am sure the intake is where you hear the sound. I have a CAI, and it sounds like an aftermarket BPV.

OP
OP

tomcxb

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I am sure that is correct. I just don't see how an aftermarket BPV is that much louder or better than stock, unless you are upping the turbo and/or internals to require more air. I am sure the intake is where you hear the sound. I have a CAI, and it sounds like an aftermarket BPV.
I am in agreement here. I have a PRL SRI and can really here the BPV pretty well.

Once the product is released and a few people have tried it, I am sure we will have more information. I don't plan on doing any major builds on my car so the stock BPV with intake works for me :)
Sponsored