danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017 Sedan
Country flag
so I haven’t bought a intake yet because there are a looooooot of them!!!

And now 27Won his coming with one!!!

What guys do you have on and what do you recommend?
Sponsored

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
I've got the PRL Cobra CAI and absolutely love it. Fitment and finish is like OEM, my IATs are spot on and only move around 8-12 degrees now above ambient prior to that on the stock intake they were 20-30 degrees above ambient. I can do multiple pulls back to back now without feeling a loss of power from dreaded heat soak. No to mention the sound it makes is intoxicating you hear all the turbo noises now. Throttle response also increased tremendously especially between fast shifts hard to explain just have to feel it. I've had it since it was released and got on the pre-order wagon and have zero complaints what so ever

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've got the PRL Cobra CAI and absolutely love it. Fitment and finish is like OEM, my IATs are spot on and only move around 8-12 degrees now above ambient prior to that on the stock intake they were 20-30 degrees above ambient. I can do multiple pulls back to back now without feeling a loss of power from dreaded heat soak. No to mention the sound it makes is intoxicating you hear all the turbo noises now. Throttle response also increased tremendously especially between fast shifts hard to explain just have to feel it. I've had it since it was released and got on the pre-order wagon and have zero complaints what so ever
Thanks

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got another question lol off topic real quick. I see on the website frontpipe and downpipe. What is the difference?

AegeanKing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX-T
so I haven’t bought a intake yet because there are a looooooot of them!!!

And now 27Won his coming with one!!!

What guys do you have on and what do you recommend?
If you sincerely want an increase in power, contact the companies that make the intakes and ask if they, or an engineer can put in lay-terms, why their intake will net you more power/efficiency.

The idea of wanting a new intake is to reduce pumping losses that will net you an increase in power output. A new intake should provide easier (as in the filter loss coefficient is less), cooler air, and less turbulent airflow. “More/better airflow” does not mean anything, and it seems like that’s all that is listed on many manufacturer websites. I would not trust dyno numbers or testimonials about how it sounds or feels.

Please ask the companies and research, don’t spend the money if it doesn’t actually help.

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you sincerely want an increase in power, contact the companies that make the intakes and ask if they, or an engineer can put in lay-terms, why their intake will net you more power/efficiency.

The idea of wanting a new intake is to reduce pumping losses that will net you an increase in power output. A new intake should provide easier (as in the filter loss coefficient is less), cooler air, and less turbulent airflow. “More/better airflow” does not mean anything, and it seems like that’s all that is listed on many manufacturer websites. I would not trust dyno numbers or testimonials about how it sounds or feels.

Please ask the companies and research, don’t spend the money if it doesn’t actually help.
Thank... yes that is what i'm looking to see who can give actual data

AegeanKing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX-T
Thank... yes that is what i'm looking to see who can give actual data
The only people who can give you real analytical data are the companies that make the intakes. Unless users here are doing 10 dyno runs before and after installation to establish a good sample to analyze performance output, I think their numbers might be within margin of error.

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The only people who can give you real analytical data are the companies that make the intakes. Unless users here are doing 10 dyno runs before and after installation to establish a good sample to analyze performance output, I think their numbers might be within margin of error.
Yeah but every company says they are he best lol!!!! so they might inflate their numbers. Don't know

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
I've had 4 different intakes for this platform already. PRL Cobra CAI hands down. Worried about hydro lock? Get a hydro shield, problem solved.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

^ That's actually a pretty solid answer. This is one of the reasons why we find blogs to be important. Because it allows us a good medium to communicate to enthusiast about a product. Obviously some are more educated than others and vice versa so we do our best to write in a nice and simple easy to read format that is still enjoyable.

Loccust

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
PRL Cobra or 27Won should be the two to look at and compare in my opinion. I have the PRL Cobra and love it. The fit, finish and build quality are amazing. The thing I looked at when comparing the two was sound, quality, looks and performance....not in that order. I also like that both are not made by some company just pumping them out to make a quick buck. There was a bunch of real research done before the product was put out on the street.

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
PRL Cobra or 27Won should be the two to look at and compare in my opinion. I have the PRL Cobra and love it. The fit, finish and build quality are amazing. The thing I looked at when comparing the two was sound, quality, looks and performance....not in that order. I also like that both are not made by some company just pumping them out to make a quick buck. There was a bunch of real research done before the product was put out on the street.
I know 27Won did all the research and also mishimoto you can see the videos but haven’t seen nothing on PRL, Injen etc but power wise PRL seem the best