Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

I wonder if this means GruppeM might be one of, if not, the best intake out there.

It's all covered up like the stock intake and drawing in air from both the front AND fender area.

Can't wait until mine comes in. Wish I had access to a dyno before I install the intake.
Sponsored

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
I wished they had access to PRL high flow intake as well.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
So crazy they tested all the intakes & good ol Honda oem is the way to go. It leaves me wondering what intake does make power ? Eventuri , Prl , gruppe M ? Is that all that’s left

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
So crazy they tested all the intakes & good ol Honda oem is the way to go. It leaves me wondering what intake does make power ? Eventuri , Prl , gruppe M ? Is that all that’s left
basically intakes are for nothing but sound. if you expect any power from them well. even in the tune settings in hondata it says on intakes checking this box does nothing an intake is an intake they all to the same thing. Buy one for sound but if you buy for power well... you spent a lot for nothing basically. I knew this going in , I bought mine for sound only. I just liked it.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
basically intakes are for nothing but sound. if you expect any power from them well. even in the tune settings in hondata it says on intakes checking this box does nothing an intake is an intake they all to the same thing. Buy one for sound but if you buy for power well... you spent a lot for nothing basically. I knew this going in , I bought mine for sound only. I just liked it.
I added a k&n filter , it added a little noise, but nothing like a full intake. i Wonder if these companies claim gains ?

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I know everyone has their opinions on intakes... however.... companies are forbid from advertising performance gains if it does not provide performance gains. It is simply against the law. Period. There must be more than meets the eye here.

I bought my intake based on this video:

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I know everyone has their opinions on intakes... however.... companies are forbid from advertising performance gains if it does not provide performance gains. It is simply against the law. Period. There must be more than meets the eye here.

I bought my intake based on this video:

um. the tv is full of commercials of crap that does not do what they say. I saw a commercial for face cleaner and in the unreadable fine print on screen is say cleans better when compared to water. well duh. and the ones for credit Karma that show improving your credit will get you a better place to live. in small print inthe ad it says landlords wont use the system credit karma does to check your credit. soo basically products that do nothing. and that's just two examples.

My mishimoto I believe says it gives upto a 14 HP gain. see that's their out that magic word "upto". They may have gotten 14 out of it but with stuff most people would not have and in conditions in a sealed room with forced air and who knows what. Real world it might get 3 or nothing. Some of these companies even base the gains on computer performance models. not even real world. but lets say all that is what ever and you do get 14hp out of a intake. so what. 30 hp is barely enough to get a fat guy with no license up a hill on a 125lb scooter. what is 14hp actually doing for you and your 3100lb car? Nothing worth 400 bucks I can tell you. Buy them for the sound you want not the "performance" and you will be happy.

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
um. the tv is full of commercials of crap that does not do what they say. I saw a commercial for face cleaner and in the unreadable fine print on screen is say cleans better when compared to water. well duh. and the ones for credit Karma that show improving your credit will get you a better place to live. in small print inthe ad it says landlords wont use the system credit karma does to check your credit. soo basically products that do nothing. and that's just two examples.

Yep, in practice companies can say just about anything as long as they use the proper vague terms, astericks, fine print and disclaimers.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
My mishimoto I believe says it gives upto a 14 HP gain. see that's their out that magic word "upto". They may have gotten 14 out of it but with stuff most people would not have and in conditions in a sealed room with forced air and who knows what. Real world it might get 3 or nothing. Some of these companies even base the gains on computer performance models. not even real world. but lets say all that is what ever and you do get 14hp out of a intake. so what. 30 hp is barely enough to get a fat guy with no license up a hill on a 125lb scooter. what is 14hp actually doing for you and your 3100lb car? Nothing worth 400 bucks I can tell you. Buy them for the sound you want not the "performance" and you will be happy.
just like stuff you see at on store ads. "UP to 75% off" lol.

Maybe they are comparing a heatsoaked run to a non heatsoaked run and plot them out lol.

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
just like stuff you see at on store ads. "UP to 75% off" lol.

Maybe they are comparing a heatsoaked run to a non heatsoaked run and plot them out lol.
Car ads do it all the time.

"Chevy, Rated #1 In America!"* and when you really dig it was a survey done by creepy Todd in marketing who asked his neighbors to the left and right and they dont want to piss him off and they are living in America so it all checks out.