Intake Question

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It seems the 2 reigning champs on the Intake are Eventuri and the PRL HVI (unless i missed a memo somewhere) I really love the design of the Eventuri and price isnt an issue, while it will be one of the last mods that I get I was curious is there an actual performance difference between either?

They both look based on the same general idea and principles and have a very similar look? Will they have identical results?

Also If i get the Eventuri Intake will the PRL Inlet pipe still fit?
Sponsored

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Your paying for sounds and looks just pick one and get a tune if you are looking to get more power. To me the eventuri is a waste of money unless your going to do a lot of car shows and want to show off the carbon.

OP
OP
ThorSellsCars

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your paying for sounds and looks just pick one and get a tune if you are looking to get more power. To me the eventuri is a waste of money unless your going to do a lot of car shows and want to show off the carbon.
Fair Enough

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Basically what dude above said above. I'm going with a 27WON intake to lessen my chance of hydrolock.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would if they had one for the type R

PRL, it is then. They've been just as responsive to the community as 27WON. I'm all for a company who engages with and listens to their customers.

OP
OP
ThorSellsCars

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PRL, it is then. They've been just as responsive to the community as 27WON. I'm all for a company who engages with and listens to their customers.
I work in sales and customer service I will always pay more for customer service

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Colder iat2 temps mean less work for the intercooler and lower iat1 temps. PRL HVI blows out of the water the factory box temps wise.
You can wrap the oem and spend $60 and get better results than any other intake . And save around $300

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You can wrap the oem and spend $60 and get better results than any other intake . And save around $300
Not with airflow. And the ever important turbo ”shhchooo”. Lol. I might wrap the MAF housing on my HVI, though I must say it doesn't get any where near as hot as I thought it would, was really surprised.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Not with airflow. And the ever important turbo ”shhchooo”. Lol. I might wrap the MAF housing on my HVI, though I must say it doesn't get any where near as hot as I thought it would, was really surprised.
we have been done a lot of testing regarding airflow , Dyno testing , real word testing , nothing change in the air flow , at least nothing change in power or spools up , what it make difference in air flow is the filter , the inlet keep using oem , , ( eventuri has improved over stock) but the maf is already maxed out with the stock air filter .
If you planing to wrap the maf hose I would recommend it but do t go with reflecting material , try to find the titanium wrap, similar to the exhaust. I’ll will give you the link .
Regarding the intake if you care about the noise just search for intake with most exposed air filter as posible like injen , the first version ( just for the noise )

yeah all the aftermarket intake heat soak when you are in slow traffic .
Or you beat the car and then you left the car idle for more than 15 min
Sponsored