shaylarz

First Name
Shayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
For the last three days, my instrument panel seems to be possessed. I don't have to be touching any buttons on the steering wheel, but the display shows it cycling through radio presets (the station is not changing), the volume level going up and down (volume isn't changing) and the clock freezing at wherever it is. Sunday I was in the car for about 4 hours and it was happening throughout the trip, sometimes with small intervals where it was fine. The last two days it was intermittent during the commute (for example, this morning, it knocked it off after about 15 minutes.)

I did get caught in a really nasty storm on Saturday with a ton of rain, so I don't know if that could have somehow impacted my infotainment system or not but it's driving me crazy.

I got it used back in March. It's currently got just over 40k miles on it, EX-T. Has anyone else experienced something like this and if so, any fixes short of bringing it in?
Sponsored

OP
OP

shaylarz

First Name
Shayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update: It's all delayed and eventually gets caught up. It's showing actions I performed via the steering wheel later. So it's basically freezing, playing catch up, freezing again, playing catch up, and eventually getting to where it needs to be.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Weird as it sounds; I'd have the battery checked. I've read many threads where a weak battery has wreaked havoc on anything with a microprocessor.

And maybe try the reset/reboot.

Per your latest update... is this new report a change for the better? Worse? Same?

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Additionally... could the steering wheel buttons have gotten wet or had soda or coffee spilled on them?

There was another thread earlier where a previous owner had spilled soda on the trunk release button.

Do the buttons feel weird when you press them? One more than the other?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've got the stations and volume popping up randomly, but consistently all the time. Its one of the issues I've had to take it to my third dealer for. Luckily , it all happened while it was there and they saw it.
Unfortunately, they dont have any idea what's wrong and I have to take it back and leave it when they get a field tech there.
None of this happens in any audio source other the fm radio.

OP
OP

shaylarz

First Name
Shayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's still happening. Nothing has been spilled on the steering wheel (at least not in the time I've owned it - I cannot speak for the first three years of ownership though.) I'm going to call the service department today to see if they can't figure it out as it's continuing to happen. Takes about 15 minutes of driving for my clock to catch up. Everything is functioning properly in terms of using the steering wheel controls, it just shows the information on a delay. The speedometer and odometer are not on delay, fortunately.

OP
OP

shaylarz

First Name
Shayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update - I ended up doing a factory reset on the infotainment system and it seems to have resolved the issue. Given that it wasn't impacting the speedometer or the odometer, I figured it had to have something to do with the radio itself after thinking about it for awhile yesterday - so I reluctantly reset my stereo (I had everything set exactly how I wanted it haha. Oh well) and it hasn't done it since.
Sponsored