omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Did you already have the hondata flash pro or did you purchase all together .
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you already have the hondata flash pro or did you purchase all together .
I bought the flashpro separate from the jailbreak. I bought the flashpro specifically because of the instant jailbreak. I was leaning towards Ktuner but since you need the FK8 flashpro to jailbreak, I just stuck with flashpro.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
Got this done, today, and it was relatively painless.
There was a tiny gotcha with a registration error, but Hondata customer service addressed it immediately for me and all future users. Fantastic, patient, and kind staff. -> Jailbreak flash, select and load a ROM, go. Easy as pie.

If any of you are working on this and need any questions or help after hours from a fellow CTR owner, I'm happy to answer whatever I can in the thread.

Thank you @Hondata, fantastic product!

I live in an area with 93 octane. I started off with a 91+ intercooler tune, warmed the car thoroughly, tried it, and thought "this won't do"! lol
I swapped to the base 93 calibration... Now we're talking!

The traction control is seamless and so well integrated. The car doesn't fall on it's face at all, it just manages traction so much better. Power throughout, but especially midrange punch is substantially stronger. My car is stock outside of this tune and a Perrin intercooler.

If you're on the fence about this mod, get off the fence and purchase one! It's very smooth, and lots quicker.

Last edited:

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Im totally doing this

mark5092

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 AB Honda Honda Civic Type R, 2017 SG Ford Focus RS
Country flag
Thanks,

As I understand before Instant Jailbreak it was $250 to unlock the ECU via benchdesk which I understand as it requires man hours to perform the jailbreak.

If it is automated now, what does the $250 cover by the Instant Jailbreak?
Great question!

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
Thanks,

As I understand before Instant Jailbreak it was $250 to unlock the ECU via benchdesk which I understand as it requires man hours to perform the jailbreak.

Research and development for the instant jailbreak itself. I guarantee you whoever programmed it wasn’t cheap for Hondata.

It goes into a flash/diagnostic mode to write it during the jailbreak, as witnessed this morning when I did it.

There’s a few people complaining about this, but whenever you consider they had to pay programmers to do it, the fact you won’t have to pay for overnight insured shipping to send it in, the fact you won’t have to put your car down for a couple days, etc. So it all costs less in the long run, and is instantaneous and drama free. I think it’s a smoking deal, and I was happy to pay it. Sending my ECU in was the main thing stopping me before.

$940 for a library of base maps that are this good, the ability to custom tune + log your own car, and a resellable hardware piece is probably the best bang for the buck for this car in my eyes. I am floored by the performance, quality, and stock-like drivability of these base maps.

My only regret is that I wasted a year with a stock CTR before supporting Hondata.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks,

I don't know man. Previously I had to pack the ECU myself and pay shipping and insurance and wait 5 days for the turnaround. Now, for a lower cost (no shipping and insurance fees to me), I'd gladly pay for the same service without the 5-day downtime, shipping cost, and a trip to the postal office. I believe they can still do the old-fashion jailbreak if one thinks shipping it in and having someone manually unlock it adds more value.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
This attitude is pretty common with IT-based improvements. Everyone focuses on the fact that you simply click a button and magic happens. No one focuses on the months of time and encyclopedias worth of code behind that button.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Well just purchased a used and unlocked flashpro soon as i recieve it will be buying the jailbreak from hondata

djlin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R CW #0043
Country flag
Did anyone receive anything other than an auto-receipt? Also after buying the IJB did you get diverted to another page or stuck on the payment page? Thanks!

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you get a confirmation email? If so, it went through. You could also pm your vin and I'll look it up.

Christyper

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just purchased a ktuner for my ctr a week ago and can't return it even though it's brand new in the box never been used. I just read this thread today. Is there any way I can unlock with FP software but use my ktuner? I EXTREMELY regret getting ktuner after seeing this thread.
Sponsored