Instant Jailbreak

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Hooo boy. Just when I convinced myself it’s too much of a PITA to bother tuning and therefore modding this car...

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noob question, what does it mean when all write that the flash pro has to be registered?
I’m planning to buy but I don’t understand what all are writing about that it has to be registered?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noob question, what does it mean when all write that the flash pro has to be registered?
I’m planning to buy but I don’t understand what all are writing about that it has to be registered?
It's step performed in the Flashpro Manager software where the owner inputs his/her information while connected to the internet (Flashpro device plugged into the computer). It tells Hondata the tuning device belongs to you.

https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/index.html?registration.htm

Last edited:

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hooo boy. Just when I convinced myself it’s too much of a PITA to bother tuning and therefore modding this car...
I was able to get mine jailbroken right at the shop I ordered it from. Had to wait maybe 20 minutes. Brought my laptop with me, jumped on their WiFi and registered the flashpro and flashed a tune and drove home with it.

Muscleman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Rigby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
Please do not fully quote this post as it will be updated.

Most people know that from the factory FK2/FK8 ECUs cannot be programmed over OBDII and must be unlocked ('jailbroken'). Previously this involved sending you ECU to Hondata or visiting one of our traveling jailbreak meetings around the country.

Now you can do your own jailbreak in a matter of minutes.

You will need a FlashPro and the FlashProManager software V3.4.9 (or higher) installed on a laptop.

1. Make sure your FlashPro is registered

2. Plug the FlashPro into your vehicle, switch on the ignition. Open the 'FlashPro' window and select the 'Jailbreak' tab. Check the vehicle VIN is shown.

3. Copy the VIN (to the computer clipboard).

4. Purchase this product 'Instant Jailbreak' using your vehicle VIN.

5. Enter the order number from your online purchase.

6. Click 'Instant Jailbreak'. The process takes 30 seconds.

Notes:
  • The software was released today.
  • You need a FK2/FK8 FlashPro.
  • This works for all FK2/FK8 vehicles.
  • It does not matter if the FlashPro is locked to the ECU or not.
  • This is available 24/7. As soon as you purchase the jailbreak from the store you can jailbreak the ECU.
  • You need an internet connection during the jailbreak.
  • The jailbreak process takes 30 seconds.
  • ECU clone jailbreaks will still be available from our website.
For the first couple of days we are going to limit the number of jailbreaks available for sale per day.
Hi whY does jailbreaking do?

Coldpizza

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Will the Authorized Honda dealerships that install Hondata perform the service like this from now on? I have one near me and it would be awesome if they do!!

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will the Authorized Honda dealerships that install Hondata perform the service like this from now on? I have one near me and it would be awesome if they do!!
I guess they could but it seems more complicated than doing it yourself.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, but Honda actually included the correct head gaskets with their highly reliable engine at no extra charge, recall not needed..okay, cheap shot, and Ford did finally offer a recall.

Teasing aside, both great cars. I just think you have the better overall car. Although the few minutes I spent behind the wheel of the RS were very special indeed. Seats a touch over-bolstered even
for me., and the RS did not quite feel as natural from jump as the Honda, but there was pure magic on the first fast right hand turn. Can't say any car I have driven felt quite like it. So I get it.

Interesting factoid - the Type R spanked the RS on the Ring. By like 22 seconds. Both stock-ish. Obviously you have to put a roll cage in, etc. but I think stock engine and transmission in both.

So no need to suffer from RS envy.
I was about to say the same thing! That he could drive until his head gasket fails and coolant leaks into his cylinder heads!
:topic:

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
So is the instant jailbreak automated via software? or does is it require someone at Hondata to process it remotely?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
So is the instant jailbreak automated via software? or does is it require someone at Hondata to process it remotely?
I'm guessing it's automated since it's available 24/7. I did mines on a Sunday at 10pm. The website was really slow but it worked after a bit.
Sponsored