Installing acuit base bushings - how to get 3 wire harness clips off?

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
@davemarco -

After removing the clamp over the top of the battery, did you remove the two bolt rods circled below? They are just a hook on the opposite ends as the clamp side.

IMG_20180401_144010.jpg
I unbolted the nut on the left side holding the hook in place. For the bolt circled on the right, once the hook on the left was removed, I went and swung the battery clamp over to the right and out of the way. Is there a second hook on the right side that I'm missing?
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It
I unbolted the nut on the left side holding the hook in place. For the bolt circled on the right, once the hook on the left was removed, I went and swung the battery clamp over to the right and out of the way. Is there a second hook on the right side that I'm missing?
It is hooked into the body of the car. There is a little hole on the side of the strut tower that has a bracket with a tab in it. That’s what holds down the right side.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It

It is hooked into the body of the car. There is a little hole on the side of the strut tower that has a bracket with a tab in it. That’s what holds down the right side.
Took a look just now and found it. But it doesn't seem attached to anything other than the battery bracket. If I've already removed the bracket from the other side and swung it over and off of the battery, I can't see how it could be keeping the battery holder down.

Frustration has passed, but now I'm just utterly perplexed.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took a look just now and found it. But it doesn't seem attached to anything other than the battery bracket. If I've already removed the bracket from the other side and swung it over and off of the battery, I can't see how it could be keeping the battery holder down.

If you got the battery strap off, the battery just lifts out. If I remember correctly, the tray just pops out after that.

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
You aren't gonna get better install videos than those acuity vids pro car studio makes... They go through everything just fine. Like jakabony said, little details in between steps in the video that may have not been covered, use common sense & take your time and observe what you are looking at. There's no tricks and surprises

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
:DSo you got the better of my curiosity...I just went out and pulled mine...now if only I had ordered them bushings beforehand;)

Once you get the two hook bolts and strap off, slide the plastic battery box towards the firewall to release, and lift out. I pulled the battery first, but you probably can leave it in the box. There is a T molded to the bottom of the plastic box, which slides in metal mount below it.

Now you owe me a beer!:headbang::):D

Honda Civic 10th gen Installing acuit base bushings - how to get 3 wire harness clips off? IMG_20180401_191612

Honda Civic 10th gen Installing acuit base bushings - how to get 3 wire harness clips off? IMG_20180401_191635

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My advice in situations like this: Wiggle the thing you're trying to remove. Common automotive sense.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
:DSo you got the better of my curiosity...I just went out and pulled mine...now if only I had ordered them bushings beforehand;)

Once you get the two hook bolts and strap off, slide the plastic battery box towards the firewall to release, and lift out. I pulled the battery first, but you probably can leave it in the box. There is a T molded to the bottom of the plastic box, which slides in metal mount below it.

Now you owe me a beer!:headbang::):D

IMG_20180401_191612.jpg

IMG_20180401_191635.jpg
Thanks! I'll have to give this another go when things warm up again (currently snowing). Trying to do this work in my cold, dark garage with half-numb fingers is likely making things more difficult than they need to be.

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
I am going to chime in on the "it's common sense " remarks within this thread. I mean absolutely no disrespect to the members above, but for people just starting out doing DIY on their rides, it's usually not. I cannot speak for the OP, but I have quite a bit of experience and this 10th gen has stumped me a couple timeso_O
It is common sense, to guys and gals that have been messing with cars for awhile. Thing is, being mechanically inclined, working with tools and electrical on cars, or anything mechanical for that matter, is a learned skillset, aquired from experiences over time. We all started somewhere, and probably didn't know squat.
If you threw me in the kitchen and told me to cook a Thanksgiving dinner for 20 people, I would have that thing royally screwed up! My wife on the otherhand, would look at it as common kitchen sense:D What would I do? Ask for HELP!!!:bow:
Man, if I had a computer, let alone a forum like this to ask for help back then....would have saved a lot of parts, $$, time and knuckles!!
Cheers!:drive:

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently installing the Acuity base bushings and can't figure out how to get the 3 wiring harnesses off of the clips in the the shifter area, so that I can remove the entire center console. Help!
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just found this and I thought I might offer some insight for anyone else trying to do this in the future. You will need a pic, I just got a set at Harbor freight for $2. To remove the plastic wire clip you do not have to go blind behind the plastic of the console.

1. Pull the wire so the clip pulls away from the console, like so. Push down on the tab that appears.
Honda Civic 10th gen Installing acuit base bushings - how to get 3 wire harness clips off? 20190420_001845

Here what it looks like when pulled out.
Honda Civic 10th gen Installing acuit base bushings - how to get 3 wire harness clips off? 20190420_000753

2. Now slide the pic under the bottom, and pull up to press the bottom tab, and it pops right out.

Here's one after I removed it so you can see what you are dealing with.
Honda Civic 10th gen Installing acuit base bushings - how to get 3 wire harness clips off? 20190420_000856

As long as you pulling it away from the console, and pressing on the tab behind the little round cover it is pretty easy to do. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just found this and I thought I might offer some insight for anyone else trying to do this in the future. You will need a pic, I just got a set at Harbor freight for $2. To remove the plastic wire clip you do not have to go blind behind the plastic of the console.

1. Pull the wire so the clip pulls away from the console, like so. Push down on the tab that appears.
20190420_001845.jpg

Here what it looks like when pulled out.
20190420_000753.jpg

2. Now slide the pic under the bottom, and pull up to press the bottom tab, and it pops right out.

Here's one after I removed it so you can see what you are dealing with.
20190420_000856.jpg

As long as you pulling it away from the console, and pressing on the tab behind the little round cover it is pretty easy to do. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Agreed - I used a pick set from Harbor Freight for this and it worked perfectly.
Sponsored