First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatch, 2014 Audi A7 Sportback Premium
Country flag
You should be fine.
i have installed my gntx 453 mirror it has auto dimming, homelink and compass with the exact pigtail harness in the pic.

since the stock harness only had 3 wires - switched power - ground - and reverse power.

i didnt want the homelink on constant power so i connected the batt and ign wire together to the red wire on the honda harness, the ground to ground and the blue reverse wire to the white reverse + wire on the harness.

my question is how to program the homelink? I have press both outer homelink buttons for 20 secs until i see the rapid blink to clear the settings.

when i hold the homelink button down and the button on the chamberlain remote i never see the mirror homelink light flash, am i doing something wrong?

Kit523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
This may assist..

IMG_5899.JPG
i have installed my gntx 453 mirror it has auto dimming, homelink and compass with the exact pigtail harness in the pic.

since the stock harness only had 3 wires - switched power - ground - and reverse power.

i didnt want the homelink on constant power so i connected the batt and ign wire together to the red wire on the honda harness, the ground to ground and the blue reverse wire to the white reverse + wire on the harness.

my question is how to program the homelink? I have press both outer homelink buttons for 20 secs until i see the rapid blink to clear the settings.

when i hold the homelink button down and the button on the chamberlain remote i never see the mirror homelink light flash, am i doing something wrong?
Where are the stock harness located behind the dome light ?

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where are the stock harness located behind the dome light ?
No I bought the Honda harness so it runs from the mirror to the headliner to down the A Piller post the wires run behind the air bag and to the inner fuse box behind the traction control button, it's just plug and play connector to fuse box all u have to do is screw in ground connection to frame or body

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up mounting mine today. Direct swap for the CTR. I tapped the ground (black) and switched 12v (red) at the map light then ran two wires down to the fuse panel. One is 12v constant and the other is for the reverse light (not wired yet). Works perfect! Thanks for the thread!

Last edited:

Kit523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
No I bought the Honda harness so it runs from the mirror to the headliner to down the A Piller post the wires run behind the air bag and to the inner fuse box behind the traction control button, it's just plug and play connector to fuse box all u have to do is screw in ground connection to frame or body
Do you have the part number for the harness ? I will order mine now

Kit523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I ended up mounting mine today. Direct swap for the CTR. I tapped the ground (black) and switched 12v (red) at the map light then ran two wires down to the fuse panel. One is 12v constant and the other is for the reverse light (not wired yet). Works perfect! Thanks for the thread!
08V03-TBA-100
I was doing some little digging for this harness it seems like they have different harness if the mirror doesn't have the compass options ? Or they share the same wires ?

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was doing some little digging for this harness it seems like they have different harness if the mirror doesn't have the compass options ? Or they share the same wires ?
The compass is powered on with auto dimming it doesn't have it's own power, only the homelink has its own power

Kit523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
The compass is powered on with auto dimming it doesn't have it's own power, only the homelink has its own power
Alright do you have a link where you get your wires ? It seems like they are all going for 60 bucks

markh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX

Did you ever get the homelink to work hooked up with both wires going to the red switched?
Sponsored