Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
it should be:

Pin 5 should be Reverse
Pin 6 - Ground and
Pin 7 - Ignition
Based on this and the picture I provided this is exactly how I have the Honda wire harness connected to the 10 pin pigtail...

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bumping this a bit, but I just picked up a Gentex GENK41A mirror and noticed it will take some work to fit on my Si. It has the wires coming out of the wedge and not exactly the 453 plug.

Honda Civic 10th gen Installing a Gentex auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink into a '16 Civic s-l1600

I'll follow the wiring diagrams and helpful advice from this thread. I'm an electrician by trade so I will see if I can get this setup to work.

I also ordered the OEM attachment, 08V03-TBA-100, so I imagine splicing that won't be bad as long as I can make sure the wires are properly marked.

Honda450r14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I just installed a gentex series 8 auto dim with compass an homelink in a 2019 Civic si. I used the Honda oem harness that is for a mirror with homelink part number 08v03-tba-1a0 it plugs in an has keyed hot constant hot an ground...

eXstasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I just installed a gentex series 8 auto dim with compass an homelink in a 2019 Civic si. I used the Honda oem harness that is for a mirror with homelink part number 08v03-tba-1a0 it plugs in an has keyed hot constant hot an ground...
I got Honda OEM Harness 08V03-TBA-1A0 but the plug does not match the Gentex Series 8 Auto Dim w/Compass and Homelink mirror (frameless). Can you tell me exactly which model you got?

The Honda harness is on the left, the Gentex plug is on the right

Honda Civic 10th gen Installing a Gentex auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink into a '16 Civic IMG_0751

Honda450r14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you got to wire it together I'll get you the three wires on the Honda harness you use and then the three on the mirror that you use... Just have to find all my wiring diagrams on it

eXstasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
you got to wire it together I'll get you the three wires on the Honda harness you use and then the three on the mirror that you use... Just have to find all my wiring diagrams on it
Oh I see. That would be great, I'd appreciate it!

Honda450r14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is the wiring diagram The color written in pen are the Honda harness colors...

Honda Civic 10th gen Installing a Gentex auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink into a '16 Civic IMG_20191219_220933

eXstasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I managed to install everything. The wire colors on my Honda harness were different than you specified so I used a multimeter to find the ones I needed. The Posi-Taps pictured were temporary. After plugging things in to confirm they worked, I cut off the connector entirely and spliced the wires into the Gentex plug.

Gentex 50-GENK85A
Honda Harness 08V03-TBA-1A0, 14 pin connector, 5 wires: yellow, light gray, light green, black, purple

Light Green - Ground - Gentex Outside Black Wire w/ground loop
Yellow - Constant 12V - Gentex Middle Black Wire
Purple - Switched 12V (Ignition ON) - Gentex Outside Black/White Wire

Honda Civic 10th gen Installing a Gentex auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink into a '16 Civic IMG_0839

Honda Civic 10th gen Installing a Gentex auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink into a '16 Civic IMG_0988

Honda450r14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I managed to install everything. The wire colors on my Honda harness were different than you specified so I used a multimeter to find the ones I needed. The Posi-Taps pictured were temporary. After plugging things in to confirm they worked, I cut off the connector entirely and spliced the wires into the Gentex plug.

Gentex 50-GENK85A
Honda Harness 08V03-TBA-1A0, 14 pin connector, 5 wires: yellow, light gray, light green, black, purple

Light Green - Ground - Gentex Outside Black Wire w/ground loop
Yellow - Constant 12V - Gentex Middle Black Wire
Purple - Switched 12V (Ignition ON) - Gentex Outside Black/White Wire

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg
Awesome description!!!s my colors were different that is strange I had all the same part numbers from Honda ...glad you got it figured out it's so nice the mirror is slick as heck

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
With the 08V03-TBA-1A0 harness has anyone figured out what the grey and black wires are for? I assume one might be the switched reverse wire? edit: nevermind. seems the Honda harness already disables the dimming while in reverse with just the 3 wires. still curious what the other 2 are for though...

double edit: so black wire on the Honda harness is definitely ground, NOT the light green wire. With light green wired up to ground, the mirror loses all power when in reverse. Not sure what the light green and grey wires are for then.

Last edited:

Honda450r14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With the 08V03-TBA-1A0 harness has anyone figured out what the grey and black wires are for? I assume one might be the switched reverse wire? edit: nevermind. seems the Honda harness already disables the dimming while in reverse with just the 3 wires. still curious what the other 2 are for though...

double edit: so black wire on the Honda harness is definitely ground, NOT the light green wire. With light green wired up to ground, the mirror loses all power when in reverse. Not sure what the light green and grey wires are for then.
Lt green is power in reverse
Gray is dash light illuminate ..I used neither of these.

Hlee

First Name
Harry Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Reverse wire tapped:

57584-jpg.jpg
How did you know to tap the reverse wire from the Gentex 453 mirror to this location? That green wire from the car's harness, what does that control? Can that wire be location at the fusebox? I have a 2018 Civic si and trying to tap into the reverse as well. Are you sure tapping into this green wire will disable the auto dim when car is in reverse? Let me know.
[/QUOTE]

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did you know to tap the reverse wire from the Gentex 453 mirror to this location? That green wire from the car's harness, what does that control? Can that wire be location at the fusebox? I have a 2018 Civic si and trying to tap into the reverse as well. Are you sure tapping into this green wire will disable the auto dim when car is in reverse? Let me know.
It’s in the factory wiring diagram.

Hlee

First Name
Harry Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
It’s in the factory wiring diagram.
Unfortunately, I do not have a Honda Civic factory wiring diagram my car so I cannot verify that and will have to take your word. Ok, on the wiring diagram (the green wire from that harness you tapped into) what exactly does that lead to or control? That's if you remember. Also, wouldn't it be wise to fuse (5A or 10A) that wire you tapped into the green wire on the harness?
Sponsored