Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ext 6mt 1992 gmc sonoma 5mt
Country flag
What size are your rims?

I have 18x8 et40 with 225/40zr18

The rears are adjusted all the way down in this picture, fronts are not all the way down. I pulled the rear perches out, and dropped the front down more to match heights and it was LOW! I never took a picture unfortunately since i didnt have my phone on me at the time. But these can go really low.

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed racelands- review Screenshot_2018-05-01-12-25-45

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed racelands- review 20180501_122624_HDR

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have 18x8 et40 with 225/40zr18

The rears are adjusted all the way down in this picture, fronts are not all the way down. I pulled the rear perches out, and dropped the front down more to match heights and it was LOW! I never took a picture unfortunately since i didnt have my phone on me at the time. But these can go really low.

Screenshot_2018-05-01-12-25-45.png

20180501_122624_HDR.jpg
What offset would you recommend for a 18x8.5 wheel running 235/40/18 tires
Been thinking of getting these coilovers

Last edited:
OP
OP
17wop6mt

17wop6mt

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What offset would you recommend for a 18x8.5 wheel running 235/40/18 tires
It would depend on
1-how low you're going to go
2-what degree camber you plan on running
3- how you want the tire fitment- tucked, flush etc. ) you wont have a stretch running that tire on a 8.5. So it limits how low you can go for that flush fitment if thats what you're going for.

Lots of things to factor in when it comes to choice for offset. If you're running stock height, id probably go with a 35 offset on a 8.5. But if you plan to lower down the road, you might have issues depending on how low you go.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It would depend on
1-how low you're going to go
2-what degree camber you plan on running
3- how you want the tire fitment- tucked, flush etc. ) you wont have a stretch running that tire on a 8.5. So it limits how low you can go for that flush fitment if thats what you're going for.

Lots of things to factor in when it comes to choice for offset. If you're running stock height, id probably go with a 35 offset on a 8.5. But if you plan to lower down the road, you might have issues depending on how low you go.
Yea like to lower 2-3 inches

OP
OP
17wop6mt

17wop6mt

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea like to lower 2-3 inches

If you're going that low, id definatley stay at/above 35mm with those tires specs and that width. Rears will be no problem, with or without camber adjustments (although you will want some form of rear adjustment going 3" because it will add alot of negative camber and throw off the toe, and eat through your tires. Ideally in any drop below 1-1.5 you will want adjustments for camber/toe front and back, but alignmemt shops can usually get it back into spec with a mild drop) Fronts will be close with those specs. If you're going 2-3 inches your obviously going to be on coils, not lowering springs, so invest in some camber plates with your coils (if not included) so you can dial in to avoid rubbing etc. You could go lower in offset, with different tires, and camber plates. But for that size tire, stay at/above 35mm escpecially if you're not looking to be stanced.

My 8" ET40 with 225 cut's it close in the front as is. If i go lower in the front, ill get slight rubbing at the bumper/fender lip right at the marker light during cornering

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're going that low, id definatley stay at/above 35mm with those tires specs and that width. Rears will be no problem, with or without camber adjustments (although you will want some form of rear adjustment going 3" because it will add alot of negative camber and throw off the toe, and eat through your tires. Ideally in any drop below 1-1.5 you will want adjustments for camber/toe front and back, but alignmemt shops can usually get it back into spec with a mild drop) Fronts will be close with those specs. If you're going 2-3 inches your obviously going to be on coils, not lowering springs, so invest in some camber plates with your coils (if not included) so you can dial in to avoid rubbing etc. You could go lower in offset, with different tires, and camber plates. But for that size tire, stay at/above 35mm escpecially if you're not looking to be stanced.

My 8" ET40 with 225 cut's it close in the front as is. If i go lower in the front, ill get slight rubbing at the bumper/fender lip right at the marker light during cornering
Thanks for the info and the tire size was my OEM tires

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea, these arent overly bouncy for me, just stiffer than OEM. For a entry level coil over and the warranty, you definatley cant beat the price. Compared to the last set i had bought from raceland in 2013, they have come along way. The previous set was adjustable at the spring collar only, there wasnt adjustment at the lower shock body, and preload. Its nice that you can now set preload, and hieght. Im assuming thays why they have a lifetime warranty now that the have redesigned them. The previous set up was obviously putting alot on the shocks since you couldnt adjust their height. The lower you went on them, the more the piston went down in the shock body.
I just got mine in the mail. I'm planning to install them very soon.

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT , 2018 Accord Lx
Country flag
So what’s the verdict on these? Any long term updates? I’m planning to either have the eibach sportline Kit on my hatchback sport installed vs these. My car is just a daily driver but I do some spirited driving every now and then. I just want to be safe and not have a strut blow out on me while I’m going 80+ mph lol

OP
OP
17wop6mt

17wop6mt

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Still running them, and no issues at all. I think ive put about 10,000 kms on them now. Ive done a few road trips with them, and drive pretty hard and they're still good.

So what’s the verdict on these? Any long term updates? I’m planning to either have the eibach sportline Kit on my hatchback sport installed vs these. My car is just a daily driver but I do some spirited driving every now and then. I just want to be safe and not have a strut blow out on me while I’m going 80+ mph lol
Honda Civic 10th gen Installed racelands- review Screenshot_2018-08-18-18-22-10

Last edited:

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome, might go ahead and pull the plug. Can’t beat these for the price!

OP
OP
17wop6mt

17wop6mt

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome, might go ahead and pull the plug. Can’t beat these for the price!
For sure! And you wont wear out the OEM shocks with lowering springs either! Half the install time since you're not disassembling the OEM stuff.

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For sure! And you wont wear out the OEM shocks with lowering springs either! Half the install time since you're not disassembling the OEM stuff.
Definitely! If anything goes wrong I’ll have a good set of stock struts lol. Btw your car looks awesome! I’m digging those bronze wheels

OP
OP
17wop6mt

17wop6mt

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Definitely! If anything goes wrong I’ll have a good set of stock struts lol. Btw your car looks awesome! I’m digging those bronze wheels
For sure! I like knowing if i ever want to go back to stock, or sell it stock i have a fresh set of barely used OEM suspension sitting in my garage. And since racelands are lifetime warranty, i know i wont really have any down time if in the future, i need to replace a shock i can toss the OEM stuff back in real quick while i wait for them to send me replacement parts for free as opposed to having to buy new OEM shocks. All around better than lowering springs.

Thanks!!

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How are the coils holding up since you guys have had them on your car for awhile now