First Name
wINdY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Sedan , 2011 E92 M3 DCT Jerez black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Planning to order a set too simply for keeping the budget low. Did they charge duty tax for having shipping to Vancouver BC?
Sponsored

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Did you guys get these coils off the raceland website? I see 379.00, did the promo end?

BlueBBS

First Name
wINdY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, it was about 53.00 paid to FedEx.
Still very budget friendly after duty tax consider you get a set of entry level coilover.

OP
OP
17wop6mt

17wop6mt

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ext 6mt 1992 gmc sonoma 5mt
Country flag
Still very budget friendly after duty tax consider you get a set of entry level coilover.

For sure. Where abouts in the lower mainland are you from?? We have a small facebook group "west coast canada genx group" if your a part of the facebook community. Cheers.

BlueBBS

First Name
wINdY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For sure. Where abouts in the lower mainland are you from?? We have a small facebook group "west coast canada genx group" if your a part of the facebook community. Cheers.
I'm from the east van.

OP
OP
17wop6mt

17wop6mt

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The ride isnt too bad for me. I mean, its stiffer, for sure. But thats to be expected with coils. Rides good on the roads around me. I could see the ride being too much if you live in a area with really shitty/neglected streets, but you wouldnt want to go with coilovers period if you have really crappy streets. Another guy commented that he didnt really like the ride, because it was too bouncy, but he had just installed them. He hasn't commented after adjusting, so not too sure on his opinion yet. My other half has a stock 18 sport touring, there's a difference in ride between the two, But its not a big difference TBH, you feel more of the road with the racelands, but the feel of bigger potholes etc. Is pretty similar. Im happy with them. No wierd clunking or noises. Amazing handling, feel much more locked down hugging those corners when your spirited driving.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
The ride isnt too bad for me. I mean, its stiffer, for sure. But thats to be expected with coils. Rides good on the roads around me. I could see the ride being too much if you live in a area with really shitty/neglected streets, but you wouldnt want to go with coilovers period if you have really crappy streets. Another guy commented that he didnt really like the ride, because it was too bouncy, but he had just installed them. He hasn't commented after adjusting, so not too sure on his opinion yet. My other half has a stock 18 sport touring, there's a difference in ride between the two, But its not a big difference TBH, you feel more of the road with the racelands, but the feel of bigger potholes etc. Is pretty similar. Im happy with them. No wierd clunking or noises. Amazing handling, feel much more locked down hugging those corners when your spirited driving.
For what it's worth, installing coilovers doesn't have to mean a stiffer ride. Stiff/bouncy ride is due to the price.

OP
OP
17wop6mt

17wop6mt

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For what it's worth, installing coilovers doesn't have to mean a stiffer ride. Stiff/bouncy ride is due to the price.
Ivr never personally ridden in a car with coils that didnt have a stiffer ride than OEM suspension, and ive ridden in cars with coils that were over 3k (kw variant3 with electronic adjustable dampening for example). Im in no way comparing these coils to top dollar coils, but i can compare them to anything under a grand.

5000kms in and still really enjoying the ride.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Ivr never personally ridden in a car with coils that didnt have a stiffer ride than OEM suspension, and ive ridden in cars with coils that were over 3k (kw variant3 with electronic adjustable dampening for example). Im in no way comparing these coils to top dollar coils, but i can compare them to anything under a grand.

5000kms in and still really enjoying the ride.
It's the bounciness that's more prevalent in a crappy damper. The initial bounce is mostly unavoidable but the dissipation of that jolt is where an awesome damper shines.

As long as you like them. It's impossible to beat their price.

OP
OP
17wop6mt

17wop6mt

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's the bounciness that's more prevalent in a crappy damper. The initial bounce is mostly unavoidable but the dissipation of that jolt is where an awesome damper shines.

As long as you like them. It's impossible to beat their price.

Yea, these arent overly bouncy for me, just stiffer than OEM. For a entry level coil over and the warranty, you definatley cant beat the price. Compared to the last set i had bought from raceland in 2013, they have come along way. The previous set was adjustable at the spring collar only, there wasnt adjustment at the lower shock body, and preload. Its nice that you can now set preload, and hieght. Im assuming thays why they have a lifetime warranty now that the have redesigned them. The previous set up was obviously putting alot on the shocks since you couldnt adjust their height. The lower you went on them, the more the piston went down in the shock body.

Chris823

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic, 2007 civic.
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, these arent overly bouncy for me, just stiffer than OEM. For a entry level coil over and the warranty, you definatley cant beat the price. Compared to the last set i had bought from raceland in 2013, they have come along way. The previous set was adjustable at the spring collar only, there wasnt adjustment at the lower shock body, and preload. Its nice that you can now set preload, and hieght. Im assuming thays why they have a lifetime warranty now that the have redesigned them. The previous set up was obviously putting alot on the shocks since you couldnt adjust their height. The lower you went on them, the more the piston went down in the shock body.
What size are your rims?
Sponsored