Installed KTuner & PRL DP/FP and need a hand...

Deadgame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
I installed the PRL DP/FP/intercooler and the car is running well. Thank you to Dennis at PRL for helping me troubleshoot the intercooler issue, which turned out to be nothing. I have a couple questions that I can’t find answers to in the archive that I’m hoping someone can clarify:

1. I loaded KTuner Stage 1 w/DP tune after install and the car came back with 2 codes pointing to boost controller. I don’t remember the codes, but I cleared them and switched the tune to the Multi Stage 1 w/DP and things worked as they should. Anybody have issues with the stage 1 with DP tune?

2. The PRL DP came with a plug for the downstream O2 sensor. Should I have used that or reinstalled the O2 sensor like I did? Not sure if that matters since it’s disabled by KTuner anyways...

3. In KTuner, I disabled “slow O2 response” for all my tunes, but after 60 miles of driving, I threw a P0420 code this morning. Was there something else I was supposed to disable as well to keep the check engine light off?

4. In addition to the emissions system fault, the car has a rev match fault now too. Is that normal when throwing a P0420 code?

Thank you for your time!
Sponsored

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. I'm not familiar with your tune. Just realized you're in a CTR.

2. I inserted my O2 sensor into the DP and plugged it back in.

3. You'll want P0420 & P0138/9 disabled on KTuner.

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed KTuner & PRL DP/FP and need a hand... yhbmmLJl

4. This is normal when you have a CEL. It will resume working properly when the code is cleared.

OP
OP
Deadgame

Deadgame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Thank you for the assist! I disabled code P0420 and all is well so far. I also re-installed the Stage 1 w/DP tune and it works this time...The car running great and I have to say that PRL, KTuner, and 27Won are all top-notch companies with great products and customer service.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
It seems that you can't sneeze in the direction of a CTR without rev match getting disabled.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It seems that you can't sneeze in the direction of a CTR without rev match getting disabled.
I don't even own one and I know that any light on the dash will disable it LOL.

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I installed the PRL DP/FP/intercooler and the car is running well. Thank you to Dennis at PRL for helping me troubleshoot the intercooler issue, which turned out to be nothing. I have a couple questions that I can’t find answers to in the archive that I’m hoping someone can clarify:

2. The PRL DP came with a plug for the downstream O2 sensor. Should I have used that or reinstalled the O2 sensor like I did? Not sure if that matters since it’s disabled by KTuner anyways...
The Plug is for Accords as they only have 1 sensor in the DP, Therefore they Plug the upper hole, other than that the pipes are the same for the Accord 2.0 and CTR. You need to run the 2nd O2, you will have to disable the codes but the sensor still reads.
Sponsored