First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I have a 2019 Civic hatchback sport

So last night I installed the kicker per the directions. Power to battery, ground to body, since no deck speakers and reading that front speakers are best to tap into. Than tap into the left and right speaker wires behind the radio per the picture. Using items 15 through 18.

I have a blue light showing power, my factory speakers are working but no bass coming out of the sub. Even switched around my ground wire to see if that was it, and still doesn't work.

I ended up taking my door panels off and hooking up the wires to the speakers. And still nothing.

IDK what else it could be. As the harness to the kicker should be working if my power and ground are together with the speaker wires. I also attached the install manual for reference.

Any suggestions I should check?

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed kicker Hideaway, sub not working IMG_20200115_140856

Attachments

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
is there a signal at the sub? (test-tap any speaker to it at the hideaway connector and listen to the two inputs.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
If you have a multi meter start tracing power back to the radio, something isn't connected properly.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Gonna' ask some stupid questions:

1.) You're using actual speaker cable for the connections to the thing, right? You're not using shielded conductors with RCA connectors?

2.) How did you connect the remote wire? If you had the blue LED; this shouldn't matter. But, like I say, it's a stupid question.

3.) Have you tried switching the auto turn-on mode switch from its current position to the other?

4.) Does the sub driver make *any* noise at all when it's running? Hissing or thump when power is applied/turned off? Can you hear the relay clicking when power comes on/turns off?

5.) And as dumb as it sounds; check the fuse. It's a fool's errand, I know.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was it connected in your buddys truck using the high or low level input?

If everything already mentioned checks out, you could try running the signal through a LOC and using the low level input on the sub.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Did you use the bass knob? Is the crossover set to ~80? Are the gains up at all?

OP
OP

Stenguyen1

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Gonna' ask some stupid questions:

1.) You're using actual speaker cable for the connections to the thing, right? You're not using shielded conductors with RCA connectors?

2.) How did you connect the remote wire? If you had the blue LED; this shouldn't matter. But, like I say, it's a stupid question.

3.) Have you tried switching the auto turn-on mode switch from its current position to the other?

4.) Does the sub driver make *any* noise at all when it's running? Hissing or thump when power is applied/turned off? Can you hear the relay clicking when power comes on/turns off?

5.) And as dumb as it sounds; check the fuse. It's a fool's errand, I know.
1. Using speaker wire, no rca.
2. I'm using direct from the battery, per the instructions it says no remote wire is required when using dc setting.
3. Tried the remote wire to use the 12v Auto turn on. And still nothing
4. No noise at all even did the left or right speaker only and it wasn't doing anything
5. Double check the fuses on the sub and the car

Was it connected in your buddys truck using the high or low level input?

If everything already mentioned checks out, you could try running the signal through a LOC and using the low level input on the sub.
He used high input on the truck, I was thinking the loc also but most of them have rca which the sub don't have them.

Did you use the bass knob? Is the crossover set to ~80? Are the gains up at all?
I put the bass knob on full blast and still nothing.

I came to the conclusion to try to connect the sub too another car and see if it works. And use a sedan or coupe that has deck rear speakers to tap into to see if the thing works.

I will report back.
Thanks for the input everyone

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
What model kicker and amp are you using?

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
What does it look like installed?
Does it stick out from under the back of the seat any?
Sponsored