Installed Homelink

Joestoy27

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Big thanks to @asiandeity for leading the way on the install.. Works great! The paint is not exact match, but its not as noticeable as it shows in the picture.

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed Homelink IMG_4868.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatch, 2014 Audi A7 Sportback Premium
Country flag
Big thanks to @asiandeity for leading the way on the install.. Works great! The paint is not exact match, but its not as noticeable as it shows in the picture.

IMG_4868.JPG
can u explain the wires, i bought this unit and it came with the pigtail but it has 4 wires yellow, black, blue/silver stripes, white silver stripes

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We didn't have the harness that comes with it so we soldered wires to pin 2 and 5 which are ground and constant 12 respectively and tapped into the map lights' red and black wires. The other wires are for button illumination as shown in the thread below.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/oem-homelink-install.4683/

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatch, 2014 Audi A7 Sportback Premium
Country flag
Thanks, I have the civic hatchback sport, no sunroof, any idea where I could tap into for button illumination?
We didn't have the harness that comes with it so we soldered wires to pin 2 and 5 which are ground and constant 12 respectively and tapped into the map lights' red and black wires. The other wires are for button illumination as shown in the thread below.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/oem-homelink-install.4683/

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We didn't bother with button illumination since we painted over the part that illuminates. My guess is it taps in the parking lights perhaps in the fuse box.

Edit: What about the ambient light in the middle between the map lights? I don't have the car yet so I don't know.

Last edited:

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
We didn't bother with button illumination since we painted over the part that illuminates. My guess is it taps in the parking lights perhaps in the fuse box.

Edit: What about the ambient light in the middle between the map lights? I don't have the car yet so I don't know.
I posted about this awhile back. Yes you use the little red ambient light.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/homelink-install.13221/
Sponsored