Installed FK8 Type R exhaust on 19 Civic Si Sedan

Maplestory

First Name
Kt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan crystal black pearl
Looks good brother! It’s your car, do whatever you want.
Sponsored

OP
OP

zachkarpu

First Name
Zachariy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
sounds solid a new rear diffuser would make it look more stock IMO, but nice work man. i dont mind the stock exhaust look, i will be painting the chrome on the HDMI tip black this spring to see if it looks a little better
I was thinking that, but I haven’t really found any good options out there yet.

Eryan36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si sedan
Country flag
Could the shop not adjust the hangers to make it fit more flush? Maybe its the angle, but it looks like there's a sizeable gap between the tips and the bumper.

OP
OP

zachkarpu

First Name
Zachariy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Could the shop not adjust the hangers to make it fit more flush? Maybe its the angle, but it looks like there's a sizeable gap between the tips and the bumper.
It’s not that sizeable, the middle resonator would hit where the stock exhaust hangers are, so I could have them cut those off to move the exhaust up, but I didn’t want to touch the stock hanger locations. I’m okay with it, but I can see why you might not like it since I agree its not ideally flush.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Cool look.

But imo these engines just sound pretty bad no matter what exhaust is on them.

There was a pretty comprehensive video on youtoube with all the different brands. Honestly it was a midrange brand like borla that sounded best to me.

BPF129

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hdmi looks way better. also with it being only barely louder than the si whats the point? i just did the res delete on my si and it made it sound perfect for 50 bux. hopefully you got it super cheap.
Hey, do you have any clips of the sound with the res delete?

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Cool look.

But imo these engines just sound pretty bad no matter what exhaust is on them.

There was a pretty comprehensive video on youtoube with all the different brands. Honestly it was a midrange brand like borla that sounded best to me.
I know what you mean about this engine. I think the SI sounds better than my HB Sport does as the turbo is different. I have done some sound mods that have helped. I cut out holes in the plastic panel on the rear gate/hatch to let sound come through from my custom exhaust and added insulation to door panels and under the tunnel. At the end of the day I’m not hearing much now but if I let it go towards redline then I hear it and it sounds decent. Before, it just sounded harsh above 4K. I like the 9th gen SI sound a lot more.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sounds solid a new rear diffuser would make it look more stock IMO, but nice work man. i dont mind the stock exhaust look, i will be painting the chrome on the HDMI tip black this spring to see if it looks a little better
It clearly wants to be black - the inside of mine keeps turning that color if I don't clean it regularly.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed a Type R exhaust in my 2018 Civic Si sedan. I still have the stock dp and fp. I wanted a deeper tone, little drone on highway and not be too loud. The Type R exhaust system met all criteria. The tone is deep and smoother than other deep sounding exhausts. No drone on highway. The volume level is even a bit less that I was expecting. I wouldn't mind it being a bit louder. I may put in a dp with a high flow cat next year to raise the volume a few decibels without being too loud. As a bonus it looks very cool on my car.

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black FI FC1 Si ✓
I wondered what it would look like. Thanks for the pictures.

Sounds funny to some, but the HDMI exhaust really was a determining factor when I bought the car. I like it.

A one piece centered exhaust done right..

unlike the bung-hole on those Porsche boxster years ago. You can't unsee some things. HA.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed a Type R exhaust in my 2018 Civic Si sedan. I still have the stock dp and fp. I wanted a deeper tone, little drone on highway and not be too loud. The Type R exhaust system met all criteria. The tone is deep and smoother than other deep sounding exhausts. No drone on highway. The volume level is even a bit less that I was expecting. I wouldn't mind it being a bit louder. I may put in a dp with a high flow cat next year to raise the volume a few decibels without being too loud. As a bonus it looks very cool on my car.

Didn't you order the MAP exhaust? haha
Sponsored