zachkarpu

First Name
Zachariy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey guys, I just wanted to share that I had an FK8 Type R exhaust installed that I picked up from a forum member and well....it’s amazing, I absolutely love it. It has a nice deep tone to it, not very loud overall, but definitely a different tone than the stock exhaust. I had the shop do a muffler delete on both mufflers and still, it’s only slightly louder than the stock Si exhaust, which is exactly what I was going for while getting rid of the HDMI look.

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed FK8 Type R exhaust on 19 Civic Si Sedan 0EDEA49B-7B3C-4A99-8BC0-11A03B069E09

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed FK8 Type R exhaust on 19 Civic Si Sedan 19AB12EC-067B-4FA9-B216-F88F5DE92CAC

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed FK8 Type R exhaust on 19 Civic Si Sedan BA23F48C-F255-4299-A4B5-F904D813E502

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed FK8 Type R exhaust on 19 Civic Si Sedan 7A05CF03-5387-44EA-BBE8-C2BA93D3B8F1

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
hdmi looks way better. also with it being only barely louder than the si whats the point? i just did the res delete on my si and it made it sound perfect for 50 bux. hopefully you got it super cheap.

OP
OP

zachkarpu

First Name
Zachariy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
hdmi looks way better. also with it being only barely louder than the si whats the point? i just did the res delete on my si and it made it sound perfect for 50 bux. hopefully you got it super cheap.
Yeah, to each their own...I hate the HDMI and you like it.....I like the tone better with the Type R exhaust.....we all have our preferences....anyway, whether I got the exhaust cheap or not doesn’t really matter does it? It’s cheaper than getting an aftermarket exhaust and I have my stock exhaust to swap out easily if I need to, and that’s exactly what I wanted.......If I wanted to save money I would keep the car stock.

OP
OP

zachkarpu

First Name
Zachariy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I like the stock hdmi look as well. What did it take to get this to fit though ?
Since I had the mufflers deleted, it was a bit easier, the pipes were extended where the mufflers were and where the rear resonator in the center is (between the mufflers). The guy didn’t want to extend the tips, which I believe someone did here on the forums. The guy at the shop also welded some hangers to the rear and toward the front and used the stock hanger locations, since I didn’t want to modify anything on the frame. If you delete the rear resonator then you can raise the exhaust a little higher, otherwise it hits the rear hangers. Overall it took them a few hours so it wasn’t as cheap as I’d like it, but it was hard to find someone near me who would work on an aftermarket exhaust for some reason. I didn’t want to drive around the state with the exhaust hanging out of the trunk either haha.

FenixTX717

First Name
SNACKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Since I had the mufflers deleted, it was a bit easier, the pipes were extended where the mufflers were and where the rear resonator in the center is (between the mufflers). The guy didn’t want to extend the tips, which I believe someone did here on the forums. The guy at the shop also welded some hangers to the rear and toward the front and used the stock hanger locations, since I didn’t want to modify anything on the frame. If you delete the rear resonator then you can raise the exhaust a little higher, otherwise it hits the rear hangers. Overall it took them a few hours so it wasn’t as cheap as I’d like it, but it was hard to find someone near me who would work on an aftermarket exhaust for some reason. I didn’t want to drive around the state with the exhaust hanging out of the trunk either haha.

Do you have any sound clips?

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not bad, but my opinion is the sport hatch got the best looking tips out of the three...classic dual tip look. I will be deleting my mufflers to get the extra noise myself.

OP
OP

zachkarpu

First Name
Zachariy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Not bad, but my opinion is the sport hatch got the best looking tips out of the three...classic dual tip look. I will be deleting my mufflers to get the extra noise myself.
Yeah I think the dual tip looks fantastic, I just didn’t feel like dropping $1k for sound, otherwise I would also prefer dual tip. :)

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Looks weird, shoulda left the stock exhaust which I think also sounds better.

dodger2710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
How many CTR owners do you know? and why would that even matter? As the OP said, to each their own, I personally prefer the stock exhaust look, but won't bash anyone going a different route. I also agree with the hatch sport having the best looking of the bunch. I'm glad you got what you wanted OP, @zachkarpu thanks for posting some sound clips! We appreciate it!

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
sounds solid a new rear diffuser would make it look more stock IMO, but nice work man. i dont mind the stock exhaust look, i will be painting the chrome on the HDMI tip black this spring to see if it looks a little better

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
Looks pretty good. Three pipes would be a bit much for me as I also agree the hatch got the best looking tips as I don't like the stock HDMI look either. Not sure what I'll do. I'd like the Greddy SP but was told it's on back order.
Sponsored