Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type R shifter base, Acuity’s cable bushings, base bushings, centering spring, rocker, and boot collar with a Skunk2 weighted shift knob. Really nice shifting setup.

02881FEA-500B-46CB-A445-CC64A4869A3C.jpeg

FEFC8154-163E-4CD8-A2F7-DB8CEF4610D6.jpeg
Wait til everything breaks in. It’s ideal.
Sponsored

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Second this. Finished up my install today and took it for a spin. Already had the @ACUITY cable bushings. I installed the Type R shifter, with Acuity rocker, centering spring and base bushings. All I can say is WOW. So tight and crispy. The throw isn't super short, but it is much more concise than the stock Si shifter. Definitely a great combo of upgrades. I don't like a super short throw, so to me it is perfect.
After going through all of this i got to say I may order the Type R shifter and the Acuity parts. This is what I am looking for when it comes to reviews. If Acuity can only match the Type R shifter with their adapter or get close to price i would go with theirs, but I am sold on this set up which what i was planning to do.
I already have the shift cable bushings from Acuity.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After going through all of this i got to say I may order the Type R shifter and the Acuity parts. This is what I am looking for when it comes to reviews. If Acuity can only match the Type R shifter with their adapter or get close to price i would go with theirs, but I am sold on this set up which what i was planning to do.
I already have the shift cable bushings from Acuity.
You will be happy with it. I am sure the Acuity shifter is awesome, but I cannot justify the $500 price tag.

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
With the type r shifter and all Acuity’s parts and a weighted shift knob it is night and day difference.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And I just ordered the Acuity parts as well gents...can't wait to have better shifts in the Si!

Radsolutionz

First Name
Rahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI 4dr
Country flag
I finished installing my type r shifter. Everything is working great. I'm happy with it. When I was removing the shifter cables from the base, the one on left, I accidently broke the tab. I was able to reinstall everything. It seems to be working fine. Did anyone else break the tab? I have the plastic piece. Is it something I need to replace?

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know if putting a Type R shifter base with a Boomba Type R short shift lever will work on an Si? I don't want to stretch the cables.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know if putting a Type R shifter base with a Boomba Type R short shift lever will work on an Si? I don't want to stretch the cables.
I was told that a short throw adapter won’t work with the Type R shifter. I’m personally quite content with the throw of the Type R shifter itself.

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was told that a short throw adapter won’t work with the Type R shifter. I’m personally quite content with the throw of the Type R shifter itself.
I've seen on the Acuity site that there is a good chance to stretch cables with the adapter for the Si on the R. I can't find any information about a lever made for the R base being installed on an Si.

Lunarsilver17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I've seen on the Acuity site that there is a good chance to stretch cables with the adapter for the Si on the R. I can't find any information about a lever made for the R base being installed on an Si.
What I read as well. Hey, just noticed you are in Roanoke. Good to see a fellow NRV Si on here.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The acuity adapter will stretch the cable on stock Si yes...i don't know on the R shifter though in the Si. There are a few people in this thread that are happy with the R shifter and Acuity goodies. I have the R shifter, base bushings, rocker, and centering spring sitting under my desk at not installed :cry: no time found since i am trying to sell my house. I have the cable bushings installed.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to see if anybody could answer this question for me. I got an LX manual. I have installed the stage 2 acuity shift kit. This kit included the extension that attaches to the bottom of the shifter. The cable attaches to the end of this extension. This does take the cable slightly out of alignment from how it was stock. My question is on the type R shifter, since it has a shorter throw, is the cable straight or is it at an angle? I haven’t been able to find a pic of the front of the type R shifter to see. If this makes any sense to anybody?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to see if anybody could answer this question for me. I got an LX manual. I have installed the stage 2 acuity shift kit. This kit included the extension that attaches to the bottom of the shifter. The cable attaches to the end of this extension. This does take the cable slightly out of alignment from how it was stock. My question is on the type R shifter, since it has a shorter throw, is the cable straight or is it at an angle? I haven’t been able to find a pic of the front of the type R shifter to see. If this makes any sense to anybody?
It will be at an angle. The lever arm is longer on the Type R shifter assembly. I thought that I recall reading that the short throw extension was not recommended for the Type R shifter due to the significance of the angle that it creates. I'd email Acuity to confirm though.
Sponsored