bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Short does not mean enjoyable.Actually, the si gearbox is a really good one.I think you do not need any aftermarket shift kit.It is always be good.As you said,the Si and the TypeR will be Massive improvements over standard and sport models.And what is the difference between the base model 6mt and the si?I wanna improve!
30%

That's the improvement from regular to Si
Sponsored

Loccust

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
I went type R since I was installing the acuity bushing set anyway. I noticed a difference but I don't know that someone would if they weren't told it was swapped. I don't think I would go any further.

violet10g

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag

Pawinning works close with acuity and im pretty certain the short shift adapter he’s running in his car is the Acuity one planned to release next month.
I’m currently running a type r shifter with the entire Acuity catalog and I’ve loved this car ever since! I came from a brz and an Sti hatch and when I got this car at first the shifter was very dissatisfying it felt like the shifter on those racing arcade games (the one with 4”gears”) I can honestly tell y’all it feels mechanical now and I’m hoping Acuity will make something for the type r shifter too if they don’t it’s cool I’ll just go back to my si one. Either way I’m excited for June

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Was it the short shift adapter and the other small parts they’ve been releasing or the actual full shifter kit. You say adapter but the driver kept saying full shifter.

I know their full shifter releases in a few months according to acuity. That’s what I’m waiting on.

Pawinning works close with acuity and im pretty certain the short shift adapter he’s running in his car is the Acuity one planned to release next month.
I’m currently running a type r shifter with the entire Acuity catalog and I’ve loved this car ever since! I came from a brz and an Sti hatch and when I got this car at first the shifter was very dissatisfying it felt like the shifter on those racing arcade games (the one with 4”gears”) I can honestly tell y’all it feels mechanical now and I’m hoping Acuity will make something for the type r shifter too if they don’t it’s cool I’ll just go back to my si one. Either way I’m excited for June

violet10g

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Was it the short shift adapter and the other small parts they’ve been releasing or the actual full shifter kit. You say adapter but the driver kept saying full shifter.

I know their full shifter releases in a few months according to acuity. That’s what I’m waiting on.

I also thought the same thing but when you hear him listing the parts @ 10:50 he specifically says it’s an extender.
I also want the whole shifter like the one currently out for the 9th gen, I might end up selling my current set up and put that money towards the fully upgraded acuity shifter

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Just installed my type r shifter! Highly recommended! Best bang for the buck mod so far outside deleting the clutch delay valve. The shifts feel much closer together and I do feel a difference!

Separating the cables from the old shifter was the hardest part. Just make sure you have a small pick set and flashlight get in real close so you can see what you are doing. Pry the little black tabs up from the shift cable collar so they can rotate out of position.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just put in a Type R shifter with Acuity goodies today. Haven’t got it all back together, but will tomorrow. I can tell the throws are shorter and crisper. For me the toughest part is that stupid clip on the shifter cable that fits onto the rocker. The clip only goes on ones way but it seems loose to me. It seemed loose when I took it off too. Fortunately it’s only front and back motion, but the OCD in me wishes Honda used a c clip or similar instead of that goofy thing.

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
Just put in a Type R shifter with Acuity goodies today. Haven’t got it all back together, but will tomorrow. I can tell the throws are shorter and crisper. For me the toughest part is that stupid clip on the shifter cable that fits onto the rocker. The clip only goes on ones way but it seems loose to me. It seemed loose when I took it off too. Fortunately it’s only front and back motion, but the OCD in me wishes Honda used a c clip or similar instead of that goofy thing.
I actually just did my type r shifter yesterday morning. What a difference it makes.... especially with the acuity shifter base bushing/centering spring/ and shifter cable bushing... the crunchiness from shifting was completely eliminated for me and the gears engage inside the gates immediately like a snap. Throws are noticeably shorter..I noticed when I'm on 6th gear my shift knob almost looks like it's still in the center. Definitely a well worthy mod made cheap

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually just did my type r shifter yesterday morning. What a difference it makes.... especially with the acuity shifter base bushing/centering spring/ and shifter cable bushing... the crunchiness from shifting was completely eliminated for me and the gears engage inside the gates immediately like a snap. Throws are noticeably shorter..I noticed when I'm on 6th gear my shift knob almost looks like it's still in the center. Definitely a well worthy mod made cheap
Second this. Finished up my install today and took it for a spin. Already had the @ACUITY cable bushings. I installed the Type R shifter, with Acuity rocker, centering spring and base bushings. All I can say is WOW. So tight and crispy. The throw isn't super short, but it is much more concise than the stock Si shifter. Definitely a great combo of upgrades. I don't like a super short throw, so to me it is perfect.

Lunarsilver17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
is the knob height the same on the type r shifter compared to the si's?

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
Does any one have pictures and or tips for removing the shifter cables. I was going to install acuity rocker, base bushings, centering spring onto the si shifter but for the price I think I will buy the type r shifter and just replace my si shifter as a whole.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does any one have pictures and or tips for removing the shifter cables. I was going to install acuity rocker, base bushings, centering spring onto the si shifter but for the price I think I will buy the type r shifter and just replace my si shifter as a whole.
You use a flat blade screw driver and pry a tab over while spinning the cable. Once you start messing with it, it’s oretty apparent how it comes off.

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just ordered my type r shifter from Honda parts wholesale direct. Hope they are good, they had decent reviews and the best shipping price.

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Type R shifter base, Acuity’s cable bushings, base bushings, centering spring, rocker, and boot collar with a Skunk2 weighted shift knob. Really nice shifting setup.

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed Civic Type R shift lever in my Si 02881FEA-500B-46CB-A445-CC64A4869A3C

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed Civic Type R shift lever in my Si FEFC8154-163E-4CD8-A2F7-DB8CEF4610D6