Installed Civic Type R shift lever in my Si

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Was hoping to hear something by the end of this month :(

What Craig said. The throw on the Si is slightly shorter than the Sport, and the CTR slightly shorter than the Si. The CTR's lower shift rod is long enough that if you put a traditional extender, you will exceed the safe angular range of the OEM cable and could break it rather quickly. Unfortunately, this means that an OEM Si shifter with a short throw adapter will have a shorter throw than an OEM CTR shifter. But have no fear guys, we have a few shifting mods in the works to fix some of these shortcomings. :) More info to follow in coming months!

~russ
Sponsored

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
With the heavier dual mass flywheel, even if you utilize a rev hang delete, the revs still drop too slow to smoothly make use of even the stock SI short throw. I don't know how useful an even shorter throw would be without first finding a way to swap out the flywheel for a lightweight single mass one.
While I totally agree that a lighter flywheel is desirable, our findings our inconsistent with your suggestion that a shorter shift is not useful on the 10th gen. After eliminating rev hang using k-tuner, we find decreased shift time to be totally achievable. Keep in mind though, that many people pursue shorter shifts for the sportier feel while driving around town, not just to pull a few 10ths of a second off lap time, etc.

~russ

USPmatch

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Just finished installing the CTR shifter assembly in my SI, along with acuity base bushings.
Throws are noticeably shorter and the bushings make shifts feel a huge amount better than stock!

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What Craig said. The throw on the Si is slightly shorter than the Sport, and the CTR slightly shorter than the Si. The CTR's lower shift rod is long enough that if you put a traditional extender, you will exceed the safe angular range of the OEM cable and could break it rather quickly. Unfortunately, this means that an OEM Si shifter with a short throw adapter will have a shorter throw than an OEM CTR shifter. But have no fear guys, we have a few shifting mods in the works to fix some of these shortcomings. :) More info to follow in coming months!

~russ

Good info here @ACUITY .... Thanks Russ!!:thumbsup:

jamzxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic coupe ex-t
Country flag
Might be a silly question but would this also work on the ex-t coupe ?

JSPeruzzi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan / 2018 Accord Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
54100-TGH-A01
54100-TGH-A01 LEVER SUB-ASSY. 1 BO

Part is currently on backorder for anyone wanting one. No ETA given at this point.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
54100-TGH-A01 LEVER SUB-ASSY. 1 BO

Part is currently on backorder for anyone wanting one. No ETA given at this point.
FYI I had an order cancelled on me for back order so I called around and found one in stock in Illinois, cost me a few bucks more than the original purchased one but it arrived tonight:)

SuXlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17CivicEXT
Country flag
I ordered one at my local dealership and I am hoping it comes in.

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With the heavier dual mass flywheel, even if you utilize a rev hang delete, the revs still drop too slow to smoothly make use of even the stock SI short throw. I don't know how useful an even shorter throw would be without first finding a way to swap out the flywheel for a lightweight single mass one.
I believe it was Vit who has stated that putting a lighter flywheel throws CELs.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
I put it in last night along with solid shifter base bushings. In ALL honesty, it was worth the 35 bucks, but it's not a very big difference for an Si to the TypeR, and while I may need more time with it, it is probably at Most 10% shorter than the Si, it's really not that noticeable. I may still do the boomba transmission side weight and shortening. BTW, I used Sirimoto's youtube install as it was the best and easiest to follow. The whole process was very easy but time consuming and the hardest part was removing the cables from the base, I had unbolted prior and it took some effort, then the install same thing was the hardest was orienting the cables correctly and then getting them back in.

Changed the oil and filter, did the shifter base bushing swap and TypeR base/lever change and put some sound deadener on the center hump and total time was around 2 1/2 hours. None of it is hard, but it is time consuming, and for how much it cost right now it is definitely worth it for a standard/base civic owner, but I'm not so sure it is for the Si, at the 35 dollar price point - yes, but if it goes higher I would say no as a matter of opinion for those looking for this:)
Sponsored