Install Help! Where to Splice Red wire for this particular Front vent DRL? (Hatchback)

V-Angelus01

First Name
Vangelo Bitoy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hi guys, i recently ordered and recieved this DRL from Ebay and im now planning to install it this weekend.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Honda-CIVIC-hatchback-2016-2019-Daytime-Running-Light-LED-DRL-fog-lamp/183590001497?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Im trying to figure out the wiring since this product did not exactly come with any installation manuals since its from china.
Any of you guys have this DRL? have something similar? how did you install it?

the setup goes like this:
Honda Civic 10th gen Install Help! Where to Splice Red wire for this particular Front vent DRL? (Hatchback) {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen Install Help! Where to Splice Red wire for this particular Front vent DRL? (Hatchback) t2TGWYv

Black wire will be connected to a ground so im gonna connect it with the bolt that connects the fuse box to the battery.
Red wire(has its own fuse btw)... im not so sure.... Should i splice it into my ACC(green Relay) inside my fuse box? or do i splice it directly with the Headlight's LED DRL strip?
Honda Civic 10th gen Install Help! Where to Splice Red wire for this particular Front vent DRL? (Hatchback) rEeXfps

Honda Civic 10th gen Install Help! Where to Splice Red wire for this particular Front vent DRL? (Hatchback) rEeXfps

This is the relay im gonna tap into if i need to connect it to the relay:
Honda Civic 10th gen Install Help! Where to Splice Red wire for this particular Front vent DRL? (Hatchback) GbkvOdr

Honda Civic 10th gen Install Help! Where to Splice Red wire for this particular Front vent DRL? (Hatchback) GbkvOdr

Basically... My question is, Where do i connect the red wire?

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hi guys, i recently ordered and recieved this DRL from Ebay and im now planning to install it this weekend.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Honda-CIVIC-hatchback-2016-2019-Daytime-Running-Light-LED-DRL-fog-lamp/183590001497?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Im trying to figure out the wiring since this product did not exactly come with any installation manuals since its from china.
Any of you guys have this DRL? have something similar? how did you install it?

the setup goes like this:

Honda Civic 10th gen Install Help! Where to Splice Red wire for this particular Front vent DRL? (Hatchback) {filename}

Black wire will be connected to a ground so im gonna connect it with the bolt that connects the fuse box to the battery.
Red wire(has its own fuse btw)... im not so sure.... Should i splice it into my ACC(green Relay) inside my fuse box? or do i splice it directly with the Headlight's LED DRL strip?

This is the relay im gonna tap into if i need to connect it to the relay:

Basically... My question is, Where do i connect the red wire?
I spliced mine straight to the drl. But they only turn on when I turn the parking lights on. Which is how I wanted since when it’s bright out you can’t see the white lights too much and I don’t wanna burn them out quickly.

OP
OP
V-Angelus01

V-Angelus01

First Name
Vangelo Bitoy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I spliced mine straight to the drl. But they only turn on when I turn the parking lights on. Which is how I wanted since when it’s bright out you can’t see the white lights too much and I don’t wanna burn them out quickly.
Hi thanks for rhe reply! :) do you have any reference pictures or videos on how u spliced into the DRL and where the DRL power connector is? I havent really found the location for the DRL power yet. Where is it?

OP
OP
V-Angelus01

V-Angelus01

First Name
Vangelo Bitoy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I found it easier to remove the headlights screws so you have room to splice into the power of the DRL. And yea I could take a pic of which one to splice into. Are you familiar with wire splicers? They sell them at almost every auto parts store so they aren’t difficult to find.
yup. its those small plastic tubes that you crimp with the wires right? i know how to use em. just need the tools. some pictures on how you spliced them together will be great help!

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
yup. its those small plastic tubes that you crimp with the wires right? i know how to use em. just need the tools. some pictures on how you spliced them together will be great help!
You know what I was looking at the picture
okay I made a mistake. I was thinking about the halos on my fog lights. Those are wired to the DRL. The red wire is wired to this in the fuse box

Honda Civic 10th gen Install Help! Where to Splice Red wire for this particular Front vent DRL? (Hatchback) 4E2C7E48-D3C6-48B0-96CF-E3137B23C033

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
The yellow wires that are coming out of the replacement vents, I spliced those into the blinker power cables from the headlights.

OP
OP
V-Angelus01

V-Angelus01

First Name
Vangelo Bitoy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The yellow wires that are coming out of the replacement vents, I spliced those into the blinker power cables from the headlights.
Aight i get it. that makes things alot easier. i will wire mine into the green box i pointed earlier since i wont have a switch for it. that way my new DRL will only be on when the engine or acc mode is on. BUT, i think it will be ALWAYS on if the engine or acc is on lol

im referencing this vid right here but its chinese and its on a sedan with a bit of a different wiring. gonna wire thr yellow lines the same way but im gonna direct it to the headlight's signal lights instead of the side markers.

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Aight i get it. that makes things alot easier. i will wire mine into the green box i pointed earlier since i wont have a switch for it. that way my new DRL will only be on when the engine or acc mode is on. BUT, i think it will be ALWAYS on if the engine or acc is on lol

im referencing this vid right here but its chinese and its on a sedan with a bit of a different wiring. gonna wire thr yellow lines the same way but im gonna direct it to the headlight's signal lights instead of the side markers.
Oh yea don’t wire the signal light wire to the side markers. On the sedan they are always on and aren’t turn signal lights. Idk how they are on hatchbacks.
Sponsored