Riot Crew Racing [President-Tx Ch-Founding Member]
First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Currently my Type R is at a dyno'd 347whp. I have a large number of aftermarket goodies, my question to all other Type R owners and knowledge holding gurus is this: From current stats (See Garage for associated modifications as to current) I am looking what direction to go next for best and most noticed gains for my next move? I have narrowed it down to 27won's Rear Motor Mount, Injens Cold Side/Hot Side piping, and maybe a Flex fuel setup,...Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
Country flag

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
+1 on PRL stuff, they have been the top company for turbo Civics for a while now. I would steer clear of anything Injen as they come off as a cash grab company to me who rushes to release inferior products as opposed to a company like PRL or HKS who does extensive testing before releasing products.

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thumbs up for PRL here for me also

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I'm going to be the lone contrarian here. Based on your mod list, you're already full bolt on with a custom tune. While it's impossible to compare dyno numbers from one person to the next, you should already be pretty damn close to maxxing out your power potential within the options currently available.

Your next step would likely be port injection with an injector controller dongle. From there, you'd need another custom tune to increase your boost and take advantage of the extra fuel. Jury still seems to be out on whether the extra torque that this will bring will blow up a stock block, or if it's the lean conditions caused by people without the extra fuel trying to push their power up to those levels. Without upgrading your engine you'd likely be rolling the dice, but you could end up being a pioneer and proving that upgraded engine internals aren't necessary yet.

OP
OP
RiotKing

RiotKing

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I want to say thank you ALL for you quick responses, along with the the helpful input. Next, @06S2k07Si - Thanks, especially! However I am looking to get some input from say first hand experience on the Motor Mounts related topic. I have never upgraded them in general (Possibly because in the past, I wasnt into "a stage" of cars as I am at now), However I want to know is it worth the money, what to expect and what to consider as a Pros and Cons type understanding. I have bene reading up and so I get the basics - Noise increase, Less wheel hop etc.

What I am saying and looking to gather from this post is....I am on a mission to make a Track Car into a Straight line monster and I have managed to astound not only myself but Mopar owners (Scat Pack Owners and down specifically, as I raced a hell cat and lost but apples and oranges...for now) and vette owners alike drop jaws and say or mouth "W-T-F".
(If interested in seeing some of this www.riotcrewracing.com in the videos section a link to the youtube where I post raw Racing footage with timestamps to boot)

OP
OP
RiotKing

RiotKing

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase