First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m happy to share with you all that Innovative Mounts has developed two mounts so far for the Civic Type R. Here is a shot of the passenger side mount on my car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Innovative Mounts: Engine Mounts for the FK8 Civic Type R 795881cd-2ffb-4a94-abb8-d29d4ae09bd8-jpe
Honda Civic 10th gen Innovative Mounts: Engine Mounts for the FK8 Civic Type R 25c1c60f-1186-4993-a022-2b87f8593f0b-jpe

They decided to go with a bushing stiffness of 60a for this side since there’s more surface area. Just with that one mount, the plastic pillars in the car are rattling, and I feel a good amount of vibration thru my hands and bottom! The driver side mount has a stiffer bushing since it’s less surface area. It’s being installed today at their shop.

Further testing at Buttonwillow Raceway this weekend. Next steps are to install the prototype rear mount in a week which is being designed now.

I will have more info on production dates soon.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Nice!

I've always liked their billet mounts.

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Track Updates:

I had the opportunity to test out the passenger side mount on Sunday 04/01/18 at Buttonwillow Raceway in California.

What I found was that I had increased chassis and transmission feedback! When diving into a corner, the engine remains stable during the weight transfer to the front. Up and down shifting feel has completely changed, since the engine and drivetrain remain aligned while I throw the car into corners, or am heavily accelerating down the straights.

Onimusha

Oni R
First Name
Nevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R, 2018 Honda Clarity, 1988 Prelude Si
Country flag
Track Updates:

I had the opportunity to test out the passenger side mount on Sunday 04/01/18 at Buttonwillow Raceway in California.

What I found was that I had increased chassis and transmission feedback! When diving into a corner, the engine remains stable during the weight transfer to the front. Up and down shifting feel has completely changed, since the engine and drivetrain remain aligned while I throw the car into corners, or am heavily accelerating down the straights.
Any update?