Injen vs Mishimoto intake

Injen or Mishimoto

• Total voters

Abccookies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rex 2002 Saturn sc1
Hello I will be getting a hatchback soon and am super excited!
I was wondering people's thoughts between the Injen and the Mishimoto intakes. Are there any pro cons to either?

I tried to research both and I dont trust the gains from the Injen as they seem too good to be true.

But the Mishimoto looks like it loses hp and tq at lower RPM although their design seems better.

Am I missing something? What are people's thoughts?
Thank you!
Sponsored

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
If I had a 1.5T, I would get the Mishimoto, hands down. They are an excellent company to deal with. I have experienced very good customer service from them.

OP
OP

Abccookies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rex 2002 Saturn sc1
Thanks for the feedback I'm a newbie

P4Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R Sonic Gray, 2018 Honda Accord EX-l 2.0 Turbo, 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 1965 GMC Pickup, 2009 KTM Enduro 690R

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
There will not be a significant difference in performance between intakes on turbo cars. Charge air cooling effectiveness is determined by the intercooler, since the compression of the charge air by the turbo heats it far beyond ambient temps, regardless of the location of the intake inlet. Pre-turbo mods generally have very little effect on performance, apart from sound. Best just to get the least expensive one with the best quality/warranty/CS.

OP
OP

Abccookies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rex 2002 Saturn sc1
There will not be a significant difference in performance between intakes on turbo cars. Charge air cooling effectiveness is determined by the intercooler, since the compression of the charge air by the turbo heats it far beyond ambient temps, regardless of the location of the intake inlet. Pre-turbo mods generally have very little effect on performance, apart from sound. Best just to get the least expensive one with the best quality/warranty/CS.
Will there be any type of mpg increase?

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Will there be any type of mpg increase?
There may be a minute difference, but you would likely not notice it, unless you use a scan gauge.

An intake by itself usually will not net any significant gains in terms of performance, not unless there was a huge restriction in the factory piping.

When modifying an engine, one has to consider the cumulative effect of all mods done. So while an intake on its own is not significant, when used in conjunction with tuning, exhaust, intercooler, throttle body, and manifold upgrades etc. that is when the effect becomes pronounced.

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
I am going AFE all the way. http://afepower.com/afe-power-tm-1024b-r-takeda-stage-2-pro-5r-cold-air-intake-system#overview

On sale for Black Friday, 15% off. Brings in at $338.00
They make awesome products and I use their products on other vehicles.

Might as well add that to the Poll.
Now there is a dyno that I can believe!

http://afepower.com/media/catalog/product/files/pdpfiles/t/m/tm-1024b-rj1600.1474040699.jpg

The reason being that if you look at the details the best run was 6 degrees cooler and 7% less relative humidity than the baseline. This is what all these manufacturers do to cook the numbers, better conditions for the after runs make all the difference. The actual performance difference is probably 1-2hp at best.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Now there is a dyno that I can believe!

http://afepower.com/media/catalog/product/files/pdpfiles/t/m/tm-1024b-rj1600.1474040699.jpg

The reason being that if you look at the details the best run was 6 degrees cooler and 7% less relative humidity than the baseline. This is what all these manufacturers do to cook the numbers, better conditions for the after runs make all the difference. The actual performance difference is probably 1-2hp at best.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Weird too, they do the baseline after the pull with the intake? :confused:

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
Yeah, the baseline is after, which means that the ECU was maladjusted to the other intakes MAF readings and the engine bay was probably heat soaked, both of which pushed the stock numbers down even further.

OP
OP

Abccookies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rex 2002 Saturn sc1
Do you really lose HP on lower RPMs with all of the different intakes? I haven't seen one that shows a gain at low RPMs and I missing something?

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you really lose HP on lower RPMs with all of the different intakes? I haven't seen one that shows a gain at low RPMs and I missing something?
also curious about this, never put an intake in before as this is my first new car and thought about buying a mishimoto intake but having second thoughts if we lose power

Last edited:

Bawb333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O.o
i'm skeptical of intakes for this car - Look at how the induction pipe is flattened and squished looking, BEFORE the section the intake replaces... that's where any restriction is going to be.
Can't you just take the resonator section off the stock airbox to get better sound out of it?
Sponsored