Injen Super SES Catback Exhaust - My Take (with video)

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring
Sounds great! Not a bad price either! Really tempting me, but I want to wait to see if HKS makes one for our cars
Sponsored

civic5x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Type R, '16 Civic Sedan Touring, 2016 Land Rover LR4
Country flag
Ok, so me, I am a bit older but this exhaust thing ya'll speak of sounds interesting. What is my best bang for my buck while keeping it simple? Is it the one in the first video? In the next few years I will get a Boxster or supercar and this will be a 3rd car....but this exhaust sounds really good and not too expensive. I will be getting a shop here to do it for me if I do it. I don't know my arse from a hole in the ground when it comes to mechanical anything. I know my limits. BTW, 3940 miles on my Touring and still think it is the best car I have ever owned (knock on wood).

OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, so me, I am a bit older but this exhaust thing ya'll speak of sounds interesting. What is my best bang for my buck while keeping it simple? Is it the one in the first video? In the next few years I will get a Boxster or supercar and this will be a 3rd car....but this exhaust sounds really good and not too expensive. I will be getting a shop here to do it for me if I do it. I don't know my arse from a hole in the ground when it comes to mechanical anything. I know my limits. BTW, 3940 miles on my Touring and still think it is the best car I have ever owned (knock on wood).
We don't really know right now, I think this is still the only exhaust on the market. I think magnaflow is coming out with a dual exhaust for this car soon. So I would wait to buy if you want options.

But, this Injen Cat-Back is probably the best your going to get from a free flowing performance perspective.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is my best bang for my buck while keeping it simple?
You can't get simpler than this. This exhaust is as straight-forward as they come....literally.

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would love to see an Apex'i WS2 3" Stainless Steel unit. Now that would be quiet!
Agreed, but I doubt Apexi will make anything for us, especially since the vehicle isn't in Japan they don't really have much motivation to make stuff outside their region.

OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took down the original video, apparently it wasn't good enough for the mainstream YouTube audience...

Put up a new video that is less than a minute long that shows the cold start and revs only. The video is now exclusively available to the forum members here and not to YouTube viewers.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Agreed, but I doubt Apexi will make anything for us, especially since the vehicle isn't in Japan they don't really have much motivation to make stuff outside their region.
I'm still so mad my Apex'i WS2 exhaust basically crumbled on my 2000 Civic. coated mild steel is garbage and heavy. Not sure what they were thinking. I might try going 2.5" full stainless and have them adapt the same muffler to retain noise quality. Best sounding exhaust, imo.

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm still so mad my Apex'i WS2 exhaust basically crumbled on my 2000 Civic. coated mild steel is garbage and heavy. Not sure what they were thinking. I might try going 2.5" full stainless and have them adapt the same muffler to retain noise quality. Best sounding exhaust, imo.
I thought Megan Racing owns the rights to make WS2 clones in the USA.. Maybe they will come out with a catback that sounds the same.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
I thought Megan Racing owns the rights to make WS2 clones in the USA.. Maybe they will come out with a catback that sounds the same.
From what I've been reading it's Yonaka that makes the replicas and they have made exhaust for the 2015 sedan, so I would expect to see an exhaust for the civicx.

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I've been reading it's Yonaka that makes the replicas and they have made exhaust for the 2015 sedan, so I would expect to see an exhaust for the civicx.
I looked up some exhaust videos of the Yonaka.. it does sound very close to the real deal, very quiet.. Would love to see something like this for us..

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Took down the original video, apparently it wasn't good enough for the mainstream YouTube audience...

Put up a new video that is less than a minute long that shows the cold start and revs only. The video is now exclusively available to the forum members here and not to YouTube viewers.
I do like this video, it get's to the point and looks/sounds good. The exhaust sounds better in this video too, I'm not sure if it's the camera or its position but now I actually want this.

OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do like this video, it get's to the point and looks/sounds good. The exhaust sounds better in this video too, I'm not sure if it's the camera or its position but now I actually want this.
Thanks!

McLovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Awesome! Mine will be here Tuesday next week! So excited, sounds great man! Btw, which gasket did they not include? Just so i can have one on standby :thumbsup:
Sponsored